FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Taking stock unit out, use a soldering iron to heat the screws....till you can smell stuff burning, then use fresh 2.5mm hex key . Worked on the first one, second one stripped. Cuss words..... drill out stripped screw. Remove oem unit. Go to fastenal and get replacement screws. Apply thread locker, install new unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, try not to use a broad heat source, I discolored my reciever a little , if you look at the picture above you can see it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Is that the same scar you're going to use the Handl rail on?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
No, I'm taking the cut down pws off off the heavy and putting it on the light. Heavy gets the handl
Oh, Ok. The reason I asked is the KDG front QD mounts and the handl rail can't be used together.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Cool, man. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the rail when you get it in.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice post!!!

It pays to have quality tools. :?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah those bull**** allen keys that come in everything....throw them away. I had to use a drill to drill out a stripped allen screw......on my receiver....scary, but I made it through without a scratch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
These are another good option for SCAR sling mounts. The only thing to note is if you buy the KDG rail, you don't need the KDG sling mount because the rail already comes with a set of QD sockets set up on it.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
True. But I get both sides, regardless of of I use both sides.

I meant no offense, I was simply looking at it from a pragmatic evaluation, With the amount of work and the Horror stories of stripped Allen hardware and the use of heat to remove the loctite bonded bolts I have seeing guys struggle with possibly marring there rifles. I do have both side LH and RH also.
shameless Plug Image Sorry.
DSC05123.JPG

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No harm no foul my friend. Plug away.a girls gotta make a living somehow..ha! with the risk involved it's definitely your stuff worth a look

1 - 20 of 20 Posts