FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here's the dilemma....I recently attended an NRA fund raiser and bought a ticket for the "NRA Gun of the Year" (google images shows it really well) which is a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 with all of the niceties that one would expect.

I have a love of shooting which ranges from everything from NRA High Power Service Rifle to USPSA Production Division and everything in between.

What should I do...
1 - I am thinking of building a display case for it as I'm a fairly competent craftsman and proudly show it off
2 - I'm also thinking I should sell it (or trade it) to someone that would appreciate it as a "collectible" for a couple of other handguns that I would be able to shoot and enjoy...or...last but not least...
3- Keep it, shoot it, and enjoy it...

Give me your thoughts as ultimately, I'm a shooter...not a collector...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both...
richca, that's part of the issue...should it be used if I kept it? Having a gun and NOT shooting it is going to be awfully hard to do...On the other hand, would anyone keep a gun that they wouldn't shoot?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Many people love Kimber & many don't however if u want to sell it best if un-fired!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Find the Kimber forum and try to sell it to a kimber collector if you're not into the whole pristine kept in the box unfired thing.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Personally, I'd ditch it. To much stuff going on with it for my liking personally (and I'm not the biggest Kimber fan either)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm attending an NRA function on May 5th. My Gunsmiths wife is a Chairperson. I thought of the same thing as they are having lots of raffles. Me personally, I would sell or trade for something else if it's not what you want. It depends on the person, available budget versus wants. It's a cool keeper as a won item from an NRA event. But wants and needs come first is my opinion. Any other fine firearm would look good in one of your hand made display cases too.

·
Registered
848 Posts
:idea: It's not up there as this, but, how 'bout make it your Family Heirloom? Well it's worth the trouble of winning, in a 1 out of xxxxxx chance, just a sugestion. Congrats too!

Reactions: StrongArm67

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
:idea: It's not up there as this, but, how 'bout make it your Family Heirloom? Well it's worth the trouble of winning, in a 1 out of xxxxxx chance, just a sugestion. Congrats too!
OMG! But its a Kimber!:?:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would assume that the NRA banquet guns are like the Ducks Unlimited banquet guns. In terms of resale value, they're usually worth less than the standard models in the store.

In my opinion, it will never be a collectible. Kimbers are great for shooting and/or carrying, but I would trade it if you aren't interested in using it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
As someone else mentioned, I'd try to sell it on the Kimber forums. There are people out there that keep stuff unfired in their safe, and I'm sure there'd be a Kimber collector interested in this one.

Reactions: StrongArm67

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was wondering about future value of a stored/unfired NRA Kimber and while I'm no expert, I would think an NRA item would carry more weight in the years to come as opposed to a "Ducks Unlimited anything"...

Reactions: Fnpurist
1 - 15 of 15 Posts