FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and skimmed through some pics but couldn't find really what I was looking for. I'm gonna be replacing the muzzle brake on my 17 to a YHM phantom QD mount. Do I need to keep the jam nut on or take it off when I put the new flash hider on? Sorry for the newbish question.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Take it off.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Damn. I backed mine all the way up, then used the shims to align the 51T mount and then tightened the jam nut back. I put loctite on the 51T mount. Should I pull everything off and redo it?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kerberos
The AAC 51T Blackout doesn't have lots of thread surface. Don't use the lock nut. Don't use shims. This is what the AAC manual states. I didn't "time" mine but it doesn't seem to kick up too much dust...so far.

You can probably leave it on , but if I thought there was ever going to be a can on it I'd redo it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Damn. I backed mine all the way up, then used the shims to align the 51T mount and then tightened the jam nut back. I put loctite on the 51T mount. Should I pull everything off and redo it?
Yes, you need to remove the nut and shims, only use the flash hider not a brake on a 16 or 17, soak the rock-set in water for an hour or so before trying to remove not sure about loctite.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Kerberos
The AAC 51T Blackout doesn't have lots of thread surface. Don't use the lock nut. Don't use shims. This is what the AAC manual states. I didn't "time" mine but it doesn't seem to kick up too much dust...so far.

You can probably leave it on , but if I thought there was ever going to be a can on it I'd redo it.
Great!...thanks for the reply. It looks like I have another excuse to get the SCAR out on the coffee table while watching TV. :th_hmm3grin2orange:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts