FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is really interesting. It isn't even on Kel-Tec's website.

FM

·
Registered
156 Posts
They had several at their SHOT Show booth. It seemed to balance well and if I recall correctly, the operating handle can be swapped to either side. it is a forward ejecting rifle like the FS2000 and uses the ubiquitous FAL mags.

Aside from price the one thing that gives me pause about it is the same thing that gives me pause about all Kel-Tec products, the fit and finish is a little low.

I picked up a two-sided slick on it at the show. I'll try to find it and post it later...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeah if it's going to be in the $2K price range it won't sell.
Too many people will regard it as a kel-tek cheapo as all their other guns/rifles, so even if it shoots well, they better lower the price to movie it.

I'd love a short 16 or 18" barrel version but not unless it's in the $1500 range at the MOST.

Currently you can buy a nice M14 or SOCOM/SOCOM2 in the price range which you KNOW is reliable and accurate right off the bat.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering about the charging handle moving with each shot. As I watched the video, it moves back and forth with the bolt. I'd think that dirt and junk would get in there pretty easy.

·
Registered
520 Posts
actuall, slap the short barrel and an eotech on there and you would have one bad ass little CQB gun. :shock:

·
Registered
412 Posts
There are a myriad of better rifles ot there for the money!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm not questioning the reliability on most Kel tecs, but the fit and finish is just horrendous. $1800 for that rifle is just insane. Period. If they drop it to around $800, I'd consider getting one, but as previously stated, there really are a "myriad" :-D of better weapons for CHEAPER!

·
Registered
857 Posts
itstock said:
I'm not questioning the reliability on most Kel tecs, but the fit and finish is just horrendous. $1800 for that rifle is just insane. Period. If they drop it to around $800, I'd consider getting one, but as previously stated, there really are a "myriad" :-D of better weapons for CHEAPER!
$800 would still be way too much for a cheaply made rifle
needs to be sub $500 before i would even consider it.
For $1800 I would go with an FS2000 - which I may anyway.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's funny how companies like Magpul, TDP, and Microtech can get away with selling $2000+ rifles when;

A) THEY HAVE NEVER MADE THEM BEFORE!!!
and
B) NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE LIKE!!!

It's all about internet hype. Kel-tec didn't make some stupid, asinine claims about their BE ALL END ALL rifle, so now they aren't capable of selling a rifle that works. Sure, the STG 556 looks cool, almost identical to the AUG, but it was/is plagued with so many problems it's ridiculous. Then you have the Bushmaster ACR, a well equipped model is going to run almost $2000, and bushmaster has even started mass manufacturing them yet! The TDP AXR, which is starting out at $2000 only to go up in price, has had no world experience either.

They all have one thing in common though, which, as stated, is HYPE. So now you have the Kel-tec, a gun that has quietly been around in the testing phase for a couple of years (yes, I've seen the youtube video almost a year ago), and is the next "new" rifle that will probably be reliable, yet they won't be able to sell them.

Funny world we live in.

And that's not a stab at anyone, just a demonstration of how ridiculous it is. Look at the FS2000; it's in CURRENT use (has been for what, a couple of years?) by real world military units around the world, a couple hundred thousand units already. If you had to decide between one of the "NEW" bullpups, I promise, you won't be disappointed with the FS2000. They're awesome!

wlcohen said:
itstock said:
$800 would still be way too much for a cheaply made rifle
needs to be sub $500 before i would even consider it.
For $1800 I would go with an FS2000 - which I may anyway.
:oops:

·
Registered
350 Posts
looks cool if someone else is shooting it like 3 lanes down

ive seen keltec products kaboom more often than not

especially their rifles

·
Banned
114 Posts
I don't think they have the respect of the firearms community to sell a gun at that price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts