FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shot one? They look like a fun plinking carbine to me. I know a lot of people have low opinions of Kel Tec, but I like the company. Though I've never handled any of their guns personally, they seem to come out with some interesting products.

I'd really like to find one in 9mm that takes Sig magazines. If anyone has a line on one, I'd appreciate a heads up. The reason I want one configured for Sig magazines is that I have a cheap 30 round 226 magazine in my box o' goodies.

·
Registered
302 Posts
There fantastic little carbines, Ive got one in 9mm and one in .40.

Ive got the 9mm off at a co workers shop being threaded for a can. The .40 stings the cheek a little bit without a pad but they both work great.

Btw, they DO NOT like CCI blazer aluminum case ammo at all.

As for finding one? I wish you luck.. Keltec makes one thing at a time, there doing batches of .22 rifles now.. Ive been waiting for my PLR-16's to come into work forever now.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I saw one this weekend at the houston gun show - one that took Glock 17 mags. If I were to buy one, it would be the Glock version. Get a 33 mag in that sucker!

I have been so tempted to buy one many times.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
You will basically never find a SIG Sub2k. Those are about as rare as Glock G19 versions. Glock G17 and S&W ones are the most available.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was quoted $500 and six to eight month wait from a local shop. All I could say was "wow". The guy I was talking to seemed to agree.

I'm going to keep looking. I originally wanted a Glock mag'ed version, but that was before I got this Sig magazine from a guy as a token of appreciation. I wonder how much the 33 round Glock mags are going for these days and if I could even find one.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The Glock 18 mags run about 45-50 bucks now and will be by far the best mags. The large cap Sig mags are iffy on how well the feed lips hold up.

I keep my Keltec 9mm in a camera bag with a few of the 33 round mags in it and toss it in the seat when im going to a not so nice place..

Or I carry a Krinkov under my jacket :lol:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Got a kel tec sub2k 9mm glock 17 version and love it!, honestly you can't go wrong with the glock model. I would rather have 17 rounds from a reliable magazine than 30 rounds from an iffy magazine. Glock mags are also cheaper compared to other manufacturers and there is a billion of them out there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep, you go to gunshows enough you can find used police trade in Glock 17 mags for 10 bucks. 90% of them work 100% and the rest are parts.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At this point I suppose I would take what I could get. The gun would mostly be for plinking, so I'm not too concerned about a misfeed here or there.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Actually - I researched them pretty heavily a couple of years ago... I was looking at getting the Glock version. They seem to be pretty reliable.

There used to be a company that made accessories for them, but that's not an option anymore

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I'm experiencing a bit of sticker shock at the moment. As much as I want one, I'm not going to pay $500+ for a rifle that was $300 just a couple months ago. I saw one for $600!

Guess I sorta missed the boat. :cry:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd pay $400 all day, but remember... I'm up here in Crook County. I'm seriously considering a trip to Houston in the not-so-distant future. Maybe I could plan it around a show.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
raggededge said:
I'd pay $400 all day, but remember... I'm up here in Crook County. I'm seriously considering a trip to Houston in the not-so-distant future. Maybe I could plan it around a show.
Well, there was only 1 in the whole show I was at. With your luck, there won't be any when you go

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well then your going to hate gun shows... Ever since the week before HE won, shows have been frigen swamped and we had to hire of 4 more just to keep an eye on things at our 32 tables.

Every shows like this now..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts