FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keltec is going to release a new bull pup rifle with plans of possibly releasing other calibers. Looks kind of neat, but my bull pup needs are already met.

Reactions: P-Factor

·
Registered
641 Posts
With that stamped reciever, it sure look likes a real throw-back. Not a big fan of that mag release though, seems like a accidentially dropped mag waiting to happen.

I wonder what its price point will be since I don't think it can compete in the same zone as the FS2K, TAR, and AUG.

·
Registered
508 Posts
With that stamped reciever, it sure look likes a real throw-back. Not a big fan of that mag release though, seems like a accidentially dropped mag waiting to happen.

I wonder what its price point will be since I don't think it can compete in the same zone as the FS2K, TAR, and AUG.
Another article that I read said the expected price is $1,900-$2,000. I think it's going to be hard to sell given that you can buy a Tavor for $1,700. It probably won't matter much because it will likely be as hard to find as RFBs and KSGs.

·
Registered
604 Posts
it probably won't matter much because it will likely be as hard to find as rfbs and ksgs.
troof!

·
Registered
508 Posts
likely will be all plastic and not work right by the time it makes it to market. just like most their guns
Agreed, I've owned a number of kel-tecs and have sold all but my P3AT and PMR-30. All of them except the PMR-30 required a trip to the factory and/or some home gunsmithing to run properly. I can accept a little bit of tinkering required on a $200-300 pocket pistol, but I would expect a$2,000 rifle to work properly out of the box and I'll be surprised if this one does.

·
Registered
957 Posts
They will never have the production capacity to meet what little demand there will be for these new rifles. They need to focus on quality control and ship fully functioning guns more regularly before expanding their brand. Just my .02

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Looks like a Keltec/Highpoint collaboration to me. :-o

·
Registered
604 Posts
Still...If I could find a PMR30 for ~$450-550 I'd be on it like hostage on a hamburger.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Still...If I could find a PMR30 for ~$450-550 I'd be on it like hostage on a hamburger.
I'd back you up on that decision. I happened across my PMR-30 for $429 NIB at a local store and I snatched it up pronto. It is one of my favorite plinkers, but man those 30 round magazines eat up .22 magnum fast!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Talk to your LGS, see if they will put you on a list, and find out their price up front. I asked my guy, and he said I was the only one on the list, and they get them in occasionally. Three weeks later he called me let me know it was here, and it was $399. Also, some online @399 BIN price on gunbroker, but they sold within an hour.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I kinda like that. It'd be more of a "gun collection" gun than anything in heavy use, but I do like the wood and steel throw back look. One thing I've learned with my Galil and PTR 91.... wood and steel just feel better than aluminum and polymers. Don't get me wrong, I love my SCARs, and they're my go to rifles, but I just enjoy the classics.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
What, No plastic?! That's not a Kel-tec.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They ought to focus on getting production of current models up. I have still yet to see any real number of KSGs, PMRs, RMRs, RFBs, or even the SUB2000s out. They have some really cool ideas, but need to develop them better and crank them out!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would expect a$2,000 rifle to work properly out of the box and I'll be surprised if this one does.
I was planning on getting an RFB, but after reading a lot of reports of them having issues I decided to go elsewhere. Luckily, this led me to the promised land and I now have a Scar 17. I did finally track down a KSG for about $1k shipped, and it's been fun so far. Other than that no other Keltec has my interest. It does look that their RFBs are finally being produced enough to keep up with demand because there's always 1 or 2 of them on the shelf when I visit the LGS (However, they're still marked up beyond comprehension).

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They ought to focus on getting production of current models up. I have still yet to see any real number of KSGs, PMRs, RMRs, RFBs, or even the SUB2000s out. They have some really cool ideas, but need to develop them better and crank them out!
Are you looking for anything in particular? I can give you my LGS contact information if you want. I was just in there last weekend and they had 1 KSG and I think 2 RFBs on the shelf.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was planning on getting an RFB, but after reading a lot of reports of them having issues I decided to go elsewhere. Luckily, this led me to the promised land and I now have a Scar 17. I did finally track down a KSG for about $1k shipped, and it's been fun so far. Other than that no other Keltec has my interest. It does look that their RFBs are finally being produced enough to keep up with demand because there's always 1 or 2 of them on the shelf when I visit the LGS (However, they're still marked up beyond comprehension).
I have seen maybe 2 or 3 KSGs in person and they were all $1,400+. I have only seen one RFB in person at a local shop and he was asking $2,200 and it was used. I really liked the size and balance of the RFB and KSG but I'm not interested at those prices and I've seen multiple reviews of reliability issues for both models, particularly the RFB. The KSG seems to be more of a user issue with it supposedly being easy to short-stroke and the fun of the bottom ejecting shells smacking your arm.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I wish they would work on ramping up current production instead of new models.

Still looking for a KSG.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts