FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever come up with a DECENT way to mount a red dot on a Keltec Sub2000 carbine AND still be able to fold it?

There is a mount provided by keltec that folds out of the way, but I have heard from multiple people that you have to rezero the scope each time U move it - which sucks.

I'd get one if they had a way to fold it and not loose the zero (I am not a fan of shooting a rifle with open sights)

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I have the mount(never got it installed) and it does hold zero for a while from what I have heard.
If you look at it, I would guess the reason it doesn't hold zero is due to the way it holds the mount upright. Its done with a spring. I would assum if you replace the spring with a stronger spring or a way to lock it in place it would hold zero all the time.

Also, it can be modified to mount a Red Dot if you have an extra rail and a saw. Just chop the rings off the top, and screw a top rail into it.

Are you getting a Sub2000 Shipwreck? If so then PM sent :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got your PM to me.

If there was a 100% for sure commercial way to do it, I'd get one. The folding ability is sweet. But I am not a big fan of shooting a rifle with open sights. My eyesight is not the best, and that nice little Eotech sure makes it much easier.

Thanks for the info, though. I knew that folding mount lost the zero - but I never knew why. Makes more sense now because I thought it was strange when everyone told me it would not hold the zero. I never could figure why.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts