FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,627 Posts
I picked up one of these used a few weeks back off of the FN SCAR owners page on Facebook. Used it for a while on the 17S, now have it on the 16S. In short:

Pros: Light weight, much more rigid than the OEM stock, slimer profile, looks cool.

Cons: lower cheek rest, does not lock closed, button used to retract the stock is a pain in the arse. Also, this does not work with the PMM rear QD mount, at least for me.

Over all, I like the KDG ACR adapter. It eliminates the problems I had with the OEM stock, and I think it's a step in the right direction. The lower cheek rest is a bit annoying. I found it worked fine in the raised position with my ACOG when standing or kneeling, but missed the higher rest when shooting my 17S from the bench or prone. The lack of a lock when folded is another negative, but it does seem to stay in place very well, similar to the older Para FAL or Galil folding stocks. I also appreciate it's lighter weight over the OEM stock, but found that it didn't compliment the feel on my 17S. On my 16S, however, it feels perfect, and I can't wait to try it out with a 10.5" barrel once my Form 1 comes back. I think for that purpose, and with an unmagnified, unlimited eye relief optic like an EOTech, the KDG stock will be perfect.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Alpha, is there any chance of you taking an actual video of the SCAR 17 firing with the KDG stock folded and fully collapsed? I'm on the fence as far as purchasing goes. Failure to function properly when folded and fully-collapsed would be strike three for me with a too-low comb height and failure to lock-in when folded being strikes one and two, respectively. Thanks in advance for any help.
I'll see what I can do, and try to get a video of it tomorrow or Wed.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Why not? Is it close? This would mean a no buy for me on this stock.
Fits too tight. I couldn't get the stock to slide on with the PMM QD mount installed, and couldn't get the mount to install with the KDG stock attached. That's one of the major reasons I switched it over to the 16S; I didn't have a QD mount for it yet, and figured that I could just use the KDG QD mount on the 16S.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Alpha, is there any chance of you taking an actual video of the SCAR 17 firing with the KDG stock folded and fully collapsed? I'm on the fence as far as purchasing goes. Failure to function properly when folded and fully-collapsed would be strike three for me with a too-low comb height and failure to lock-in when folded being strikes one and two, respectively. Thanks in advance for any help.
Here ya go.

I tested it fully collapsed, and at the fourth notch, which is where I typically run it. Functioned fine in both positions. The brass does seem to hit the stock, but only after it's hit the deflector, and the result, if any, seems to be bouncing the brass up. By the time the brass hits the defelector, it looks like the bolt is already closing, so the risk of it causing a malfunction seems to be minor.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Thanks for doing that alpha. Does it do the same thing on the 17? Hits the stock and ricochets up?
Didn't test fire it folded on my 17S. Since I used up the last of my blue Lock tite reattaching the PMM QD mount to my 17S, and the two aren't compatible, somebody else will have to do that test video. :wink:

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Hey guy' sorry to hear my QD does not work on the KD stock, i am assuming the adapter plate is designed like the factory stock hinge?
Not your fault at all. The KD stock adapter plate fits onto the SCAR's receiver much tighter than the OEM stock, and since it's metal, there is far less wiggle room.

I called them yesterday and talked to AJ. He knew who Jarod was and PMM. He insisted thet PMM's rear QD mount works with with his stock. Strange. I referred him to this forum. I want that stock but Jarod's QD mount is solid and I don't want to remove it.
I can also say it doesn't work, at least in a practical sense. I was able to smack the KD stock on with a rubber mallet, but as soon as I decided to take it apart (again, with a rubber mallet) the QD mount was loose, and rattled with out the support of the adapter plate. Not a huge issue, since I'll keep using the PMM on my SCAR 17S, and I purchased the KD mount to use on the 16S (though, I must say, I like the PMM mount much better).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.