FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://kineticdg.com/product/sas-scar-adaptable-stock-magpulbrown/

So what is the deal with these fellas? I know guy on here has a black one for sale and I had never seen them before. What does this forum think? Is it worth $300? God knows we've all spent enough on our scar 17. LOL

Seriously though if you guys recommend it I will pick one up. Thanks!!!

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weren't they discussed in a thread maybe a month or so ago, when it was determined the cheek rest ended up being too low to accommodate an optic even when in the raised position?
I dont know. If all ready covered sorry for the new thread.

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: IKEWarrior04

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The adapter with the ACR stock does lock when folded. I have one and it uses spring tension and plastic locking tabs to do the job. as far as the cheek rest being too low I have no problem with my Vortex PST with ADM mount. Other than the stinking hook not digging into my cheek and the more gradual slope on the cheek rest I don't believe this stock is worth the money.
I bought one and sold it already... As others have reports tension keeps it folded, but it rests against the deflector... Comb height is likely more of an issue if you're running a scope... I was fine with my eo tech. I liked it ok but in the end I didn't think it was worth the extra coin for my uses...
Thanks guys. What price would it have to be for you to keep it? Or in your case Dawgfan worth it?

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I picked up one of these used a few weeks back off of the FN SCAR owners page on Facebook. Used it for a while on the 17S, now have it on the 16S. In short:

Pros: Light weight, much more rigid than the OEM stock, slimer profile, looks cool.

Cons: lower cheek rest, does not lock closed, button used to retract the stock is a pain in the arse. Also, this does not work with the PMM rear QD mount, at least for me.

Over all, I like the KDG ACR adapter. It eliminates the problems I had with the OEM stock, and I think it's a step in the right direction. The lower cheek rest is a bit annoying. I found it worked fine in the raised position with my ACOG when standing or kneeling, but missed the higher rest when shooting my 17S from the bench or prone. The lack of a lock when folded is another negative, but it does seem to stay in place very well, similar to the older Para FAL or Galil folding stocks. I also appreciate it's lighter weight over the OEM stock, but found that it didn't compliment the feel on my 17S. On my 16S, however, it feels perfect, and I can't wait to try it out with a 10.5" barrel once my Form 1 comes back. I think for that purpose, and with an unmagnified, unlimited eye relief optic like an EOTech, the KDG stock will be perfect.
Why not? Is it close? This would mean a no buy for me on this stock.

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks a lot fellas. Great help. I won't be getting one now. In a way I'm glad. I have spent WAY too much money on this 17 the past two weeks. :lol:

I'm sure there are more company's working on a better than the stock solution.

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey guy' sorry to hear my QD does not work on the KD stock, i am assuming the adapter plate is designed like the factory stock hinge?
It's not your fault, you designed the QD to work with the OEM setup... There is just slightly more material present on the exterior of the adapter where it mounts up. There's just enough material from the underside of the QD mount to stop it from sliding down.
HMMM. I may be able to impliment a small Revision to accommodate you guy's if you would like it? although the ACR stock comes with a QD in it. do you have a Pic of where is crashes?
I called them yesterday and talked to AJ. He knew who Jarod was and PMM. He insisted thet PMM's rear QD mount works with with his stock. Strange. I referred him to this forum. I want that stock but Jarod's QD mount is solid and I don't want to remove it.

Reactions: Hoax001
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.