FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
I bought one and sold it already... As others have reports tension keeps it folded, but it rests against the deflector... Comb height is likely more of an issue if you're running a scope... I was fine with my eo tech. I liked it ok but in the end I didn't think it was worth the extra coin for my uses...

· Registered
479 Posts
I bought a KDG rail for my 17 and the stock for my 17... Also picked up their QD front/rear... The "worth" is relative... If you look at what everything costs... The stock and the R and D for the hinge vs the competition. I think the price is about right. It just didn't do enough for me personally to keep the money invested in it. Or I guess I didn't dislike the OEM as much as some folk do... $300 could go toward another build, ammo, or anything... The rail on the other hand was light and gave me the real estate I desired so it's a keeper.

· Registered
479 Posts
It didn't fit with mine either so I went to the KDG QD setup... There is a small amount of material on the PMM that contacts the receiver and the stock barely mounts up. I was all excited when I got home with the stock and then one screw came out with no trouble and the second one sat there mocking me, stuck like duck... Eventually it got stripped... I tried to dremel a notch and screw it out with heat of course... No dice... Had to drill it out... took forever because I didn't want to damage anything... (KDG below) I flipped the rear around to give a little space between the original sling mount...
Trigger Metal Carbon
Auto part Metal

· Registered
479 Posts
Hey guy' sorry to hear my QD does not work on the KD stock, i am assuming the adapter plate is designed like the factory stock hinge?
It's not your fault, you designed the QD to work with the OEM setup... There is just slightly more material present on the exterior of the adapter where it mounts up. There's just enough material from the underside of the QD mount to stop it from sliding down.

· Registered
479 Posts
It 100% would not fit... as soon as you get to the point where the stock slides onto the rear of the receiver, it would bind on the corner or the lower portion of the QD where it is rounded to fit over the stock. There isn't much material that contacts but it's metal on metal at that point. I suppose it would fit if you took a sledge hammer to the stock or if you removed the QD and sanded down that lower edge. I would take pictures but I've already sold the stock I had. I had no desire to take off the PMM QD, because it was on there rock solid and the way my luck works out I knew what would happen when I attempted to remove it... and it did.

· Registered
479 Posts
HMMM. I may be able to impliment a small Revision to accommodate you guy's if you would like it? although the ACR stock comes with a QD in it. do you have a Pic of where is crashes?
The QD on the ACR stock isn't the best location based on my experience... It makes the gun hang to low for my liking in a 1 point setup, which I prefer for drills/transition... Plus with the QD on the gun vs. the stock you can fold the stock easier if you ever wanted to...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.