FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
Alpha, is there any chance of you taking an actual video of the SCAR 17 firing with the KDG stock folded and fully collapsed? I'm on the fence as far as purchasing goes. Failure to function properly when folded and fully-collapsed would be strike three for me with a too-low comb height and failure to lock-in when folded being strikes one and two, respectively. Thanks in advance for any help.

· Registered
552 Posts
Here ya go.

I tested it fully collapsed, and at the fourth notch, which is where I typically run it. Functioned fine in both positions. The brass does seem to hit the stock, but only after it's hit the deflector, and the result, if any, seems to be bouncing the brass up. By the time the brass hits the deflector, it looks like the bolt is already closing, so the risk of it causing a malfunction seems to be minor.
VERY cool of you to take the time to do that for us, Alpha.

Rarely will any of us want or need to pop off a few rounds with the stock folded and fully-collapsed. However, full-disclosure is a good thing when making a purchase decision. Your time/effort and honest assessment are sincerely appreciated. :?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.