FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I picked up one of these used a few weeks back off of the FN SCAR owners page on Facebook. Used it for a while on the 17S, now have it on the 16S. In short:

Pros: Light weight, much more rigid than the OEM stock, slimer profile, looks cool.

Cons: lower cheek rest, does not lock closed, button used to retract the stock is a pain in the arse. Also, this does not work with the PMM rear QD mount, at least for me.

Over all, I like the KDG ACR adapter. It eliminates the problems I had with the OEM stock, and I think it's a step in the right direction. The lower cheek rest is a bit annoying. I found it worked fine in the raised position with my ACOG when standing or kneeling, but missed the higher rest when shooting my 17S from the bench or prone. The lack of a lock when folded is another negative, but it does seem to stay in place very well, similar to the older Para FAL or Galil folding stocks. I also appreciate it's lighter weight over the OEM stock, but found that it didn't compliment the feel on my 17S. On my 16S, however, it feels perfect, and I can't wait to try it out with a 10.5" barrel once my Form 1 comes back. I think for that purpose, and with an unmagnified, unlimited eye relief optic like an EOTech, the KDG stock will be perfect.
Why not? Is it close? This would mean a no buy for me on this stock.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Why not? Is it close? This would mean a no buy for me on this stock.
Fits too tight. I couldn't get the stock to slide on with the PMM QD mount installed, and couldn't get the mount to install with the KDG stock attached. That's one of the major reasons I switched it over to the 16S; I didn't have a QD mount for it yet, and figured that I could just use the KDG QD mount on the 16S.

· Registered
479 Posts
It didn't fit with mine either so I went to the KDG QD setup... There is a small amount of material on the PMM that contacts the receiver and the stock barely mounts up. I was all excited when I got home with the stock and then one screw came out with no trouble and the second one sat there mocking me, stuck like duck... Eventually it got stripped... I tried to dremel a notch and screw it out with heat of course... No dice... Had to drill it out... took forever because I didn't want to damage anything... (KDG below) I flipped the rear around to give a little space between the original sling mount...
Trigger Metal Carbon
Auto part Metal

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks a lot fellas. Great help. I won't be getting one now. In a way I'm glad. I have spent WAY too much money on this 17 the past two weeks. :lol:

I'm sure there are more company's working on a better than the stock solution.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Alpha, is there any chance of you taking an actual video of the SCAR 17 firing with the KDG stock folded and fully collapsed? I'm on the fence as far as purchasing goes. Failure to function properly when folded and fully-collapsed would be strike three for me with a too-low comb height and failure to lock-in when folded being strikes one and two, respectively. Thanks in advance for any help.
Here ya go.

I tested it fully collapsed, and at the fourth notch, which is where I typically run it. Functioned fine in both positions. The brass does seem to hit the stock, but only after it's hit the deflector, and the result, if any, seems to be bouncing the brass up. By the time the brass hits the defelector, it looks like the bolt is already closing, so the risk of it causing a malfunction seems to be minor.

· Registered
21,896 Posts
That stock looks like it sits a bit low on the barrel bore line.

· Registered
552 Posts
Here ya go.

I tested it fully collapsed, and at the fourth notch, which is where I typically run it. Functioned fine in both positions. The brass does seem to hit the stock, but only after it's hit the deflector, and the result, if any, seems to be bouncing the brass up. By the time the brass hits the deflector, it looks like the bolt is already closing, so the risk of it causing a malfunction seems to be minor.
VERY cool of you to take the time to do that for us, Alpha.

Rarely will any of us want or need to pop off a few rounds with the stock folded and fully-collapsed. However, full-disclosure is a good thing when making a purchase decision. Your time/effort and honest assessment are sincerely appreciated. :?

· Registered
1,709 Posts
Thanks for doing that alpha. Does it do the same thing on the 17? Hits the stock and ricochets up?

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Thanks for doing that alpha. Does it do the same thing on the 17? Hits the stock and ricochets up?
Didn't test fire it folded on my 17S. Since I used up the last of my blue Lock tite reattaching the PMM QD mount to my 17S, and the two aren't compatible, somebody else will have to do that test video. :wink:

· Registered
479 Posts
Hey guy' sorry to hear my QD does not work on the KD stock, i am assuming the adapter plate is designed like the factory stock hinge?
It's not your fault, you designed the QD to work with the OEM setup... There is just slightly more material present on the exterior of the adapter where it mounts up. There's just enough material from the underside of the QD mount to stop it from sliding down.

· Premium Member
1,300 Posts
It's not your fault, you designed the QD to work with the OEM setup... There is just slightly more material present on the exterior of the adapter where it mounts up. There's just enough material from the underside of the QD mount to stop it from sliding down.

HMMM. I may be able to impliment a small Revision to accommodate you guy's if you would like it? although the ACR stock comes with a QD in it. do you have a Pic of where is crashes?

· Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey guy' sorry to hear my QD does not work on the KD stock, i am assuming the adapter plate is designed like the factory stock hinge?
HMMM. I may be able to impliment a small Revision to accommodate you guy's if you would like it? although the ACR stock comes with a QD in it. do you have a Pic of where is crashes?
I called them yesterday and talked to AJ. He knew who Jarod was and PMM. He insisted thet PMM's rear QD mount works with with his stock. Strange. I referred him to this forum. I want that stock but Jarod's QD mount is solid and I don't want to remove it.

Reactions: Hoax001

· Registered
479 Posts
It 100% would not fit... as soon as you get to the point where the stock slides onto the rear of the receiver, it would bind on the corner or the lower portion of the QD where it is rounded to fit over the stock. There isn't much material that contacts but it's metal on metal at that point. I suppose it would fit if you took a sledge hammer to the stock or if you removed the QD and sanded down that lower edge. I would take pictures but I've already sold the stock I had. I had no desire to take off the PMM QD, because it was on there rock solid and the way my luck works out I knew what would happen when I attempted to remove it... and it did.

· Registered
479 Posts
The QD on the ACR stock isn't the best location based on my experience... It makes the gun hang to low for my liking in a 1 point setup, which I prefer for drills/transition... Plus with the QD on the gun vs. the stock you can fold the stock easier if you ever wanted to...

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Not your fault at all. The KD stock adapter plate fits onto the SCAR's receiver much tighter than the OEM stock, and since it's metal, there is far less wiggle room.

I called them yesterday and talked to AJ. He knew who Jarod was and PMM. He insisted thet PMM's rear QD mount works with with his stock. Strange. I referred him to this forum. I want that stock but Jarod's QD mount is solid and I don't want to remove it.
I can also say it doesn't work, at least in a practical sense. I was able to smack the KD stock on with a rubber mallet, but as soon as I decided to take it apart (again, with a rubber mallet) the QD mount was loose, and rattled with out the support of the adapter plate. Not a huge issue, since I'll keep using the PMM on my SCAR 17S, and I purchased the KD mount to use on the 16S (though, I must say, I like the PMM mount much better).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.