FN Herstal Firearms banner

Knight's M110 Sniper Rifle

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  CriticalDimensions 
#1 ·
I saw this on Future Weapons last night. :?
Basically, an AR10 in fancy dress! :shock:

Your thoughts (is the AR platform really that good)?

AND- Did you see Reed's impressive collection of firearms?

Tony

#3 ·
AGG said:
Basically, an AR15 in fancy dress! :shock:

Tony
Love that firearm. Hope it comes to a civilian market nearby.

Been looking for a 'reach out and touch someone' firearm to add to my collection and this would fit the bill.

Wonder how many $$$ it will cost. Went to the KA site and it was down.

#6 ·
HK SD9 Tactical said:
AGG said:
Basically, an AR15 in fancy dress! :shock:

Tony
Love that firearm. Hope it comes to a civilian market nearby.

Been looking for a 'reach out and touch someone' firearm to add to my collection and this would fit the bill.

Wonder how many $$$ it will cost. Went to the KA site and it was down.
Heard around $3,000.00 with no hope for civilian sales (at least, not right now)!!! :roll:

Tony

#9 ·
Knights stuff is overpriced IMO. They have the "we make guns for the Navy SEALS" angle, and people are willing to pay for that. I've looked at a couple of their rifles and you could have a good AR gunsmith make the EXACT same weapon for less. I say exact because most of a Knights rifle is made from components on the open market, and the few proprietary pieces you can pick up from knights as parts!
Seriously, if your in the market for an outstanding AR I would use a Knights rifle as a template and have the thing custom built.

#10 ·
If you have to have one of the KAC M110/MK11/SR25 type rifles then wait. As soon as KAC fulfills their current military contracts the prices will come down. The Program Manager for USSOCOM small arms told me a couple of weeks ago that the FN SCAR Heavy will be replacing the KAC M110/MK11/SR25, that should free up KAC production for civilian sales.

#13 ·
Yes, I am sure. Again, SOCOM is only the Special Operations entities. They will get the SCARs first. The Army in general plans to use the M110 well into the future as they just awarded Knights a 5 year IDIQ contract yesterday. Looks like civies will be waiting awhile to get an SR-25 type rifle with only occasional releases to the civilian market during contract periods.
I do like Knight Armament stuff, but it is very pricey. I think before I bought a SR-25/M110, I would build a my own .308 piston driven AR type rifle, lots of new variations out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.