FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give a quick update on my kriss vector sbr. There were a lot of folks going on and on about how this gun was not reliable when I posted I bought out. Also I read a lot of bad reviews online. With that being said all I can figure is they got the bugs worked out. Today I put about200 more rounds threw it. Totaling over 500 rounds since I bought it with absolutely zero failures. Only smiles! The majority of the ammo used had been Remington green box and Winchester white box too. Also I have yet to clean it either. I was having a hard time seeing the sites with the short distance between them and broke down and added a red dot I had laying around but still plan to add a crimson trace rail master pro eventually. Below is a pic of it in my over night samsonite bag. This thing is really easy to travel with! All in all I a loving it. When my wallet recovers from having to of bought a new furnace last week I will buy some more ammo and run it some more.

· Registered
100 Posts
I mounted an Eotech on mine and added the extended mag release and Aim light. I have shot 350 rounds with no problems at all. I can't wait for my permission slip to come back from ATF so I can add a stock.

· Registered
876 Posts
I had so many problems with my Kriss Vector I could write a book. I sent it back to be repaired. Same thing. I was very fortunate to have an article written about my issues by an editor at thetruthaboutguns.com. After that article I was also able to get a hold of the US companies presidents phone number. I was able to talk to him and he took care of my Vector SBR. Basically replaced all the parts. Now it's one of my most reliable guns. Supper fun to shoot. Basically I would tell anyone thinking about buying one to check the manufacture date and charging handle before purchase. If it requires a norse god to fully charge it...don't buy unless you like headaches. A properly working vector should be able to be able to be charged with the same amount of force as a SCAR 16, PS90, or FS2000. The only thing I would mention and I mentioned it to the president....is the warranty. It's a one year warranty, though if you registered it on there website they give you an extra year. My gripe with that is if you get the SBR you can't use/have the gun until your NFA paperwork is approved. Personally it would be nice if they used the NFA approval data and not the gun store receipt date. Heck a lifetime warranty would be the most classy way to go.
Oh one last thing....Someone mentioned the 30/25rd magazine's being expressive. If you buy the mag straight up it's really expressive. Buy a genuine Glock G4 21 mag($20) and look for the Kriss vector mag sleeve and spring. $15 (Purchased from vendor who doesn't support this board so google the part numbers)

· Registered
5,355 Posts
Glad to hear you are having no troubles. Mine has been flawless so far. As I recall we got ours about the same time and we both were feeling a little uneasy hearing about past problems with them. It seems pretty clear to me Kriss listened to consumers and got serious about resolving the Vector's issues. Good on em. I am just hoping they can stay around.

· Registered
876 Posts
Glad to hear you are having no troubles. Mine has been flawless so far. As I recall we got ours about the same time and we both were feeling a little uneasy hearing about past problems with them. It seems pretty clear to me Kriss listened to consumers and got serious about resolving the Vector's issues. Good on em. I am just hoping they can stay around.
From what I understand the only way Kriss USA is going to stay around is if they are bought out by another company. They need to talk to IWI USA management and find out what they are doing to be so successful. When I heard about IWI coming to the USA I thought they would have failed in a year or be like Walther bouncing around. Though IWI seems to be run by some really good management.

· Registered
10,043 Posts
Hmm. I like hearing good things. Okay, the Kriss has moved back up on the list. I do have that long distance relationship with the Octane 45 now. Maybe we'll all get together in the spring. I'm going for the pistol version...it looks much easier to SBR. Hell, I already have mags via my Glock 21.

· Registered
2,625 Posts
JB - sorry to hear all your miss-fortune - my Kriss has been solid - but as you stated I looked at all the MFG dates and codes stamped on certain parts to ensure I had the latest Kriss V i.e. (upgrades) to ensure I had made a solid purchase prior to picking my pistol up - (if folks are looking to SBR - buy the pistol not the carbine as it will save you ALOT of time/money and effort since the barrel is press fit into the trunnion i.e. no simple bench armor barrel swap)

Newer Kriss Vs have:
17mm OD - Kriss has found the 15mm threads not so good (important if running a suppressor)
Trunion stamped AGF T to indicate revision
Charging handle stamped AGF-L and above (mine is a M)
Firing pin marked J or above for revision
Out of date ejectors - should be stampe revision L or higher
Buffer material - now green
Fire/SAFE - angle change and simple red dot
All the changes of manufactures of their BUIS - now provided by Diamondhead
Older lowers have the hard points for the side rails using pressed fit hex nuts. If you have a tall screw or bolt you could pull the inserts out. Newer lowers have revised hard points

If your unsure - bought and older or used KRISS V check out some of the above or where you can check stamped parts for revision - send it back to have revisions completed

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.