FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering, does anyone know if there are 8 round mags for the Series 80 Officers ACP?

I know it is suppose to be small and all, but the standard mags are only 6-rnd to 7-rnd.

Anyone?

FM

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you are looking for a higher cap mag for a reload (assuming you carry concealed) then mag size at that point probably wouldn't matter... I'm really happy with my Chip McCormick 10 round mag in my full size Rock Island 1911...

If you don't want something that hangs below the grip, I think you'll max out at 7, since the extra round (in the full size 1911 8 round mags) is gained by redesigning the follower and spring. Just don't think there is enough vertical length for 8 in a Officer's...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then here is a silly question, can you put a standard 1911 mag into the Officer's ACP? But it will just stick out the bottom?

FM

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
fathermorpheus, You can put a 1911 15 round magazine in your Officers 1911. As said, it will stick out about 8" below the grip, but yes, it will work. I have colt 6, 7, Chip McCormick 10 round mags, as well as 15 round mags, but I agree that Chip McCormick 10 round are the best.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Now I understand this so much better.

FM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts