FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a dedicated SCAR 17 Magpul MIAD grip yet? I have the Tango Down BG17 but would like something bigger. Is the Ergo SCAR 17 Gen 2 grip bigger?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Yeah the ergo is bigger and so is the hogue. The hogue requires modification. The MIAD will work with modification and has interchangeable back straps. The miad is the way to go i think. Grip mod is straightforward and easy. There has only been one mistake out of dozens that ended in a cracked trigger module and that individual admitted to to being overzealous. There are plenty of instruction and success stories here - http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/13899-how-modify-your-scar-grip-tang-fit-miad-backstrap.html

Edited to add - this idiot (myself) didn't read the title too good.

The ergo is a good bet if you don't want to modifiy but I don't see why you wouldn't want to.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think I've seen too many grip sleeves on rifles. Mayw I will have to try it. Ergo sounds cool too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Modifying the MIAD isn't that bad. You can do the modification to the grip with an inexpensive hobby set of needle files from Home Depot, Lowes, or Sears. You don't need a Dremel.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I dont think I've seen too many grip sleeves on rifles. Mayw I will have to try it. Ergo sounds cool too.

Ergo is not that bad, only issue I have is that in the lower end of the cavity it tends to feel a bit spongy, kind of feels weak and cheap. Once it's bolted to the rifle a sense of small structural integrity is added but not much. Good grip feels ok A2 plug never fits, had a few Hogue grips on AR's and they feel a bit more solid,most likely going that route again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
anyone ever try the umbrella corp 23 grip ?
to answer my own question, there would be alot of material to have to remove from the Umbrella corp 23...

so instead i modded a BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 grip. it took about 10 mins with the dremel and the large sanding drum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts