FN Herstal Firearms banner

What's the most imminent threat to your way of life and your community?

• Foreign militants.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foreign immigrants.

• Climate Change.

• Peak oil.

• Urban Sprawl & Chain Stores.

• Property tax reassessment.

• Social security reform.

• Crime and/or drug use.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see how our members from around the country and the world answer this poll.

Please discuss. What do you perceive as a threat?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Peak oil prices.

Once this get too out of control, and the truckers get organized enough to mount a full strike, this country will crawl to its knees. I read that 90% of all freight is moved by private carriers. Once they are successful at getting sanctions or lowered tax rates for their fuel, expect every other industry that uses fuel at a high rate to follow suit... Airplanes, Construction, private trucking, Municipalities everyone. This mumbo jumbo about "economic stimulus" is a bunch of hoooey! They are just making a bigger and bigger hole to bury us all in. Once fuel gets too expensive for retailers to maintain profit margins, the price of EVERYTHING will rise even more than it already has. Once that price gets too high, people will resort to getting what they want by any means, including robbery and B&E. Imagine for a minute that people know you, and that you have guns. You all of the sudden will become a prime target for home invasion and robbery, as guns equal power in the minds of desperate people.

Yeah, maybe this sounds a bit far fetched, but so did $3.50/gal gas, ten years ago.

All we'd need after that is to find out that all the illegals are actually zombies!

Zhur

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Promoted Pawn said:
I'm curious to see how our members from around the country and the world answer this poll.

Please discuss. What do you perceive as a threat?
You forgot the Skippy Peanut Butter woman!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Illegal Immigrants! Because they're actually elite sleep cells that will be able to easily rise up and take over major south western cities just because of the numbers! So next time you see Jesus clipping your hedges, just remember that his expertise doesn't stop at shears!

Man.....that so sounds like Tabloid fodder.

In a more honest view, I see a more internal breakdown happening facilitated by outside sources. The only question would be if the apathetic and those who only say the words, actually do something.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I stated Recesion.

Back in 2003, Texas had a budget problem - and there was talk of cutting probation departent budgets by 50%. Many people would have lost their jobs.

Now, we have this $4 billion + surplus they are figuring out how t o squander. However, the projection is that in another 2-4 years, the state budget will be screwed again with a deficit.

So, while I have a govt job in criminal justice, and there are always criminals. That is a concern of mine. The longer I am at my dept, the less likely I will get the ax (I also have a specialized caseload, which helps). But still...

·
Registered
262 Posts
"Foreign" Immigrants? Is there another type? :D

·
Vendor
5,653 Posts
I vote for our own government makeing new laws and legislation.
Just think of Obama as our president and a demoncrat controled house and senate. OH!!! And the supreme court appointments that Obama will make!!!! :evil: :cry:

Oil prices are a concern but I can deal with spending a little more on everything but when the Government says this or that is the new law.... what are we going to do?????? You KNOW what I'm talking about.

Down the road... maybe 10 years... we will be Nuked by some terrorist group but only 4 or 5 cities will be gone. Maybe L.A. and San Francisco? :p or even D.C. :shock: :?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dumapus said:
"Foreign" Immigrants? Is there another type? :D
No. But they do sound more dangerous that way, don't they. :D On my trip across the country I met a family who who were very scared of immigrants taking over.
I found the immigrants much sharper than these people, who best as I could figure out were just pissed that they had to live around people who speak Spanish.
They didn't even say "they took our jobs!" or anything like that, it was lots of "English is the official language of this country".
I was like- you live in a city called El Centro. ha ha

I come to find out that they hadn't even been living there long, and since they didn't even get my point about geography, they must have been deeply stupid.

Maybe that's where I picked up that phrase "foreign Immigrant" :D

Yeah, my vote went for Peak Oil.
It's just like the trucker's sticker "Without Truckers America STOPS"

Though my city has really suffered from the WalMart. There were some shop owners who though the Walmart would bring more customers into town, and into their shops, but those two guys are out of business now. We use to have a butcher shop, and watch guy, a guy who did bicycles, and we even had a cobbler. Don't need 'em now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I voted China (other) but its really a toss up. Any one of the above could easily be the straw that breaks this country. Its a really depressing thought.\

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I almost voted for "other", but as I thought about it, I had to vote for "laws and legislation" because it give legitimacy to every other bad thing on the list. So ultimately it is the starting point of our demise IMO.

Laws and legislation effect trade and the printing of money which effect the economy, Laws govern elections, Legislation can take away our constituional rights and give them to illegal aliens. Laws can be changed to take away peoples social security, retirement funds could have large taxes levied against them. They set minimum wages, establish markets, And so on.....

In the end, those that make the rules control everything on this list.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm sure the legislator's will find a way to tax the Zombies for imminate doman rights, they'll limit the zombie union, and force them into arbitration rules, they'll file clean air violations against the zombies (Because they smell of rotting flesh) and levy hugh fines and penelties. I could go on and on, but in the end the zombies lose. :p

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hell Ship... they can have the women, just don't take my beer!! hehe
Zhur

·
Registered
5 Posts
yah, ya gotta watch out for those damn mexicans! with that work ethic & determination they may just beat you out for your place in scociety.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey, I'm Mexican, and I promise to not beat anyone out of a job that doesn't deserve it!

Zhur

ps. 3rd generation mexicat, so noone get all bent, hehehe

·
Registered
121 Posts
Recession....I am a gov't employee...if people loose their jobs/homes, my employer brings in less $ = less raises/new hires = more work and less $ for easy = not good for easy. Far enough up the food chain to avoid lay-offs, but can still be impacted....

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
easy610 said:
Recession....I am a gov't employee...if people loose their jobs/homes, my employer brings in less $ = less raises/new hires = more work and less $ for easy = not good for easy. Far enough up the food chain to avoid lay-offs, but can still be impacted....
+1

Just a different look. If there is a recession and no money to go around and spend:

Foreign militants. - No money to fight them
Foreign immigrants. - They wouldn't come here since we have no $ and no jobs
Climate Change. - If you're broke then you have nothing to do but watch the climate change :-D
Peak oil - Who needs oil when I have no money to buy it.
Urban Sprawl & Chain Stores. - can't afford to pay the police so bound to happen
Future laws and legislation. - Would happen anyway, now we're just broke to boot.
Property tax reassessment. - Can't pay taxes if I don't have money!
Social security reform. - No money to pay into Social security so the system is now broke too.
Crime and/or drug use. - Crime? Yeah, Drugs? Who's got money to buy drugs???

1 - 20 of 59 Posts