FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've purchased my Vortex Viper PST 1-4 and I'm wanting a QD mount that works well with the SCAR17. I've always used Larue Tactical stuff in the past and have been extremely happy with them. Does anyone have experience with one of these set ups and Bobro vs Larue which model do you think works the best. Larue has 2 models the LT745 and the LT104 SPR (not sure the difference in these 2 ) which ones work the best etc . Maybe throw in a picture or 2 of your set up , thanks again guys !!!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Neither for a scope mount I would use a American Defense delta mount. I exclusively use Bobro mounts for my acogs and American Defense mounts for my aimpoints ... I have had larue mounts that ate into my receivers. Not to say they don't work I just am not a fan of cantilever mounts. YMMV just my .2c

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which model would you you suggest of American Defense ?

Neither for a scope mount I would use a American Defense delta mount. I exclusively use Bobro mounts for my acogs and American Defense mounts for my aimpoints ... I have had larue mounts that ate into my receivers. Not to say they don't work I just am not a fan of cantilever mounts. YMMV just my .2c

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
AD-Delta . I have not personally had one but know people that do and they hold zero really well. Others will chime in but I believe the delta was selected for scar 17s by socom

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Use the Larue lt-111. It's a fantastic mount and great for the scar since it has a true monolithic upper rail. I use them on my weapons. Adm makes great stuff too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Also does the American Defense hold ZERO ?
Yes far as i can tell there is no discernable shift. I use two different optics on my scar17 both in adm qd mounts. I can switch back and forth and you cant tell by looking at the groupings which is which.

Highly recomend adm

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have LaRue, ADM, and Bobro mounts. I can recommend either of the first two, but the Bobro sticks out like a sore thumb. Plus when you loosen the mount the tab is spring-loaded and snaps open, smacking hard any fingers in the way. It's really annoying.

Also FYI LaRue mounts tend to mess up the finish on the underside of your pic rails.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
ADM, KAC, or Bobro would be my top 3. You can't beat ADM for price/performance IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Use the Larue lt-111. It's a fantastic mount and great for the scar since it has a true monolithic upper rail. I use them on my weapons. Adm makes great stuff too.
This is the mount I just purchased for my new SCAR 17. I've been using LaRue mounts for years, they have proven over and over again to hold zero. In the past I've frequently swapped day/night optics on my AR's, the LaRue mounts work as advertised.

I'm using the LT-111 with a NightForce NXS 2.5-10x42. I will be using the SCAR this weekend for its inaugural hog hunt. I went to the range this afternoon to check the zero, everything looks good. Now I just need the hogs to do their part and run in front of my rifle. :x

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ever hear of GDI ? I have one of their aimpoint mounts & like it a lot. As far as return to zero they make this claim on their site...

" They’re engineered to provide return to zero within .01 MOA when removed and reinstalled, and are robust enough to maintain that zero as long as they’re mounted".

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used LaRue mounts exclusively until buying my 17S.

Then I decided to try a Bobro T1 mount...

I'm now a Bobro convert. Key for me is the Bobro's automatic adjustment. If you are just taking the optic off a single gun and only returning it to that same gun, then I think LaRue (and ADM from what I have read) are both excellent choices. Each require setting the mount adjustments to fit your specific rail. However, move your optic to a different gun and you may need to readjust the tension on the mount again. The Bobro doesn't suffer from this issue. The mount tension is set automatically, allowing you to move from rail, to rail, to rail, without ever having to re-adjust the mount.

Cons to the Bobro? As another poster suggested, the steel QR lever is under spring tension and can thwack your knuckles pretty good if you're not careful, but this is easily avoided if you use two hands to remove the optic. Also as pointed out, the base sticks out a little far, but to me this isn't really an issue.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
if you use two hands to remove the optic
While you call a buddy over to hold your $2K+ weapon.:icon_e_wink:

I know most shooters fill their bladder with certain Flavors of Kool-Aid and that's cool (pun intended)...:th_143:

Hope everybody has a good weekend at the range. I think I'll mess around a bit if I have some free time, and I can find some sucker to hold the camera while I pull the trigger. :mrgreen:

:-D

-SS

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I'll hold your camera anytime bro but we have to meet in Ft. Fun, IN!

While you call a buddy over to hold your $2K+ weapon.:icon_e_wink:

I know most shooters fill their bladder with certain Flavors of Kool-Aid and that's cool (pun intended)...:th_143:

Hope everybody has a good weekend at the range. I think I'll mess around a bit if I have some free time, and I can find some sucker to hold the camera while I pull the trigger. :mrgreen:

:-D

-SS

BBG-

1 - 20 of 34 Posts