FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is just a heads up of the New LaRue Tactical 30mm Pivot (flip-to-the-side) Mount QD model LT-649

I think this is very rugged design for a flip magnifier mount, LaRue kept the parts count to an absolute minimium as possible and with the pivot point off of a robust 5/16" diameter shaft pin.

There are no buttons, no switches, no small places to fill with sand.

It's also a one-handed operation which the user simply grab the optic, pull back, then move it to the side and release your hand from the optic.

Very simple.

The model LT-649, shown in the pics, fits 30mm, such as Aimpoint's great 3X magnifier as well as other brands of 30mm magnifiers.

I have LaRue's EOTech QD mount model LT-110 and it's very rugged, returns to zero everytime, the machined from solid billet locking lever is the strongest in the industry, there's also a safety lock on the mounting lever so it won't accidentally open, plus there's a mounting Mil-Spec rail at the rear for magnifiers, night vision gear, etc.

LaRue also makes various quick detachable scope mounts, scope risers, Aimpoint mounts, ACOG mounts, Leupold CQ/T mounts, Iron Dot picatinny mounts for small red dot sights, NV mount, BUIS, gas blocks, tactical light mounts, single piece Mil-Spec handguard rails, bipod mounts, sling mounts, tactical slings, knives, and sniper targets.

Their handguard rails have a locking mechanism design which locks the locking ring and prevents it from getting loose, which is the main problem of free floating rails in the field.

LaRue's handguard locking bracket

Ref. LaRue Tactical Handguard Assembly Instruction:

http://216.23.214.70/lt/handguards.html

My LaRue 9.0 midlength gas system rails

LaRue also have their new Stealth machined billet AR flat top upper receivers which are precision machined for tighter tolerances which precision rifles requires.

Also new is LaRue's complete upper half Stealth Sniper System LT011 which includes the Stealth upper receiver, free float rails, and LaRue's new proprietary spec barrels, they are available in 10.5" and 16" barrels.

For details and more pictures of any LaRue products here's their website link:

http://www.laruetactical.com/

Note: I'm in no way connected with the company, I'm just a very loyal fan of their products.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I got my LaRue Aimpoint magnifier pivot mount with a factory refurbished Hensoldt 2.5X magnifier shown with my Aimpoint on Knight's Armament straight mount and Troy FDE BUIS

The LaRue pivot magnifier mount is very solid and very easy to flip the magnifier to the side.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'm going to have to seriously consider that magnifier. Thanks for the pics.

TA

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Texas Armadillo said:
I'm going to have to seriously consider that magnifier. Thanks for the pics.

TA
From the LaRue Tactical Website said:
For you penny-pinching poor boys out there, we have acquired a very limited amount of some 2.5 power Hensoldt magnifiers that were surplus and used on a rocket-launcher, tank-killer, whatever. The deal is that we've sent the Hensoldts off for a professional inspection and to also remove the tank ranging reticle that came in them and repurge with nitrogen. Here's the catch, the optics go with no warranty, they are sent out as is and if there is a problem then use them as something to shoot at and leave us alone. The mount of course has our "til I'm dead and buried" warranty.

Think about this, you can go the poorboy route for now and dump the Hensoldt for a real Aimpoint when you have the money later, and you'll already have our LT-Optic Pivot Mount tm.
The factory refurbished Hensoldt 2.5X magnifiers are only $45 additional cost for a limited time (until their existing stock is available) when you buy their LT-649 magnifier pivot mount.

It's not a bad magnifier for its really low price, very clear view, it's similar to the optic on my Steyr AUG A1 except the AUG is only 1.5X power.

The Hensoldt magnifier is actually a 25mm OD diameter with a 30mm ring shim to fit the LaRue Aimpoint magnifier pivot mount.

If you want to get that Hensoldt magnifier don't wait too long, when they're gone, they will no longer be available again unless they find another surplus batch again.

I would also recommend using a LaRue Aimpoint mount so that the height of the LaRue pivot magnifier mount is the same as the Aimpoint mount, my KAC Aimpoint mount is a little low (about .050") so it doesn't line up in height with the pivot mount but the dot is still on center and there is no problem in function.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

My new LaRue Aimpoint cantilever LT-129 QD mount, better return to zero, quicker to install/ remove and doesn't get loose like my old KAC Aimpoint mount

·
Registered
17 Posts

Family photo :)

Crappy phonecam pics.

bushmaster lower with Larue Tactical stealth Sniper System upper, their scope mount and sling. various other parts. Folks at Larue Tactical are a joy to deal with, and I couldn't be happier with this setup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thanks man. couldn't be happier with it.

Took a bit of doing sighting in the scope on such a raised mount, but once I got it where it needed to be I was putting ragged holes into the black from 200 yards.

No hiccups or anything, the entire rig performed flawlessly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts