FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ship, has anyone thought or tried to mount a laser in the little stub forward of the hand hold on the ps90? My thought to bore a little hole there , mount the laser there and run to a switch internaly. Have opened the plastic stock on mine and, at the moment , can't see why not. Any thoughta? TUG :roll:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes, there is a kit U can buy for this. The police P90s have this. I think they can buy it already installed.

No such luck for the PS90. U can order the parts kit from a place in hong kong. But then ya gotta find someone to install it. I've seen a few installed in PS90 pics, and from what I can tell, the cuts in the polymer don't always look the best.

If U know what U are doing - I imagine it wouldn't be too bad. But, I can imagine what my local smiths would say if I brought my PS90 and the parts and said - "Here, install this for me." :p

For the smallest rail laser I have seen, the Lasermax Uni-Max laser is the smallest I've seen. But, it doesn't have a pressure switch.

If it did, I'd be tempted to get one eventually. It allows another rail mounted item to be attached to it - that's pretty kewl.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I still wouldn't start cutting the plastic stock on a $1500+ weapon. But that's just me.

IF it was a factory option, I would do it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool (kwell), is not the goal. If i can get a lazer that does not stick out anywhare,that continues the snag free design. Boats have no extra room. TUG-as in tug boat capt.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If I recall correctly the Lasermax Uni-Max is supposed to have an optional pressure switch available sometime soon. I thought January 2007, but that is gone already.

http://www.lasermax.com/product.php?id=104

I'm against cutting on my baby too. One installation I saw did look kind of rough. If someone did a bunch of these installs and got rave reviews I'd consider it. Kind of like not wanting to be the first Lasic patient :wink:

The installed laser goes against the modular approach too. Like the black reticle sight the installed laser is only good on the PS90 family. I like things that will work on numerous platforms.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
That would be nice to mount in front of my eotech on the rail if it were a bit cheaper. Right now - a $30 laser w/ a pressure switch is hard to beat.

If it ever breaks, maybe I'll check it out. It looks sweet :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
The Uni-Max mounted on an upper rail sounds good. No worries about shooting off center or snagging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts