FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Laserex internal laser, I installed the battery to try it pushed the selector switch and the laser didn't turn on. There is a selector switch just before the laser but I'm not sure how to use it and don't want to break it, maybe this is my problem. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
569 Posts
deserteaglexxx said:
I just received my Laserex internal laser, I installed the battery to try it pushed the selector switch and the laser didn't turn on. There is a selector switch just before the laser but I'm not sure how to use it and don't want to break it, maybe this is my problem. Thanks for any help.
It's a 3-position toggle switch: middle is "off" and forward/back are the high/low settings for the emitter (IIRC the low setting is for training so as not to inflict permanent eye damage, not really a concern w/the civvie-legal 5mw emitter). HTH...
Tomac

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Who has the best price on the laserex?

TA

·
Registered
58 Posts
ugh

Am I the only one dumbfounded by the fact that the only place to buy the factory internal laser for a FN product is from an airsoft company in Hong Kong...bleh

·
Registered
569 Posts
Re: ugh

member548 said:
Am I the only one dumbfounded by the fact that the only place to buy the factory internal laser for a FN product is from an airsoft company in Hong Kong...bleh
Unfortunately Den Trinity is the only authorized dealer for Laserex and any inquiry to Laserex will refer you to Den Trinity. In a way it makes sense that they'd choose an Airsoft company to market it since the Airsoft copy of the P90 was the only market before the PS90 came out. On the other hand, the Laserex laser they sell does appear to be the full military P90 version except w/a civvie-legal 5mw emitter.
Tomac

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the laser diode glued into the piece that it sets in, or is it pressed in? Has anybody here swapped the laser diode for an IR one? I am considering purchasing one of these and wanted to know if it has been done yet.

·
Registered
569 Posts
whs said:
Is the laser diode glued into the piece that it sets in, or is it pressed in? Has anybody here swapped the laser diode for an IR one? I am considering purchasing one of these and wanted to know if it has been done yet.
One of mine had a loose lens cover that my 'smith had to secure before completing installation but I didn't examine it all that closely beforehand except for a function test. The diode assembly w/lens cover sits in the triangular front piece so as to allow W/E adjustment by tightening/loosening the 3 screws on the front piece. Any replacement diode would have to fit the lens cover. HTH...
Tomac

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tomac said:
whs said:
One of mine had a loose lens cover that my 'smith had to secure before completing installation but I didn't examine it all that closely beforehand except for a function test. The diode assembly w/lens cover sits in the triangular front piece so as to allow W/E adjustment by tightening/loosening the 3 screws on the front piece. Any replacement diode would have to fit the lens cover. HTH...
Tomac
Thanks, I don't want any surprises. Finding one that fits shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed mine today, ended up placing the momentary switch lower than I should have. The battery module was placed in the stock until I figure out another place to put it. Swapping the laser out shouldn't be an issue, Probably have a new triangular piece made for the new module so I won't have to mess with the epoxy on the old one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts