FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this is my last minute suppressor suggestion help line-- so help me out -- july 1 deadline, back up 30 days, plus 2 weeks for margin-- gives me around april 21 to put in order in my case with silencoshop.com and get my item mailed to my sot, with enough time to file appropriate paperwork.
Im going with silerncershop.com as i have trust and relationship with them.

I am in a crunch-- your advice please, notice what goal is already covered calibers.

I currently have in nfa jail--
osprey 45, sparrow 22, tirant 9: to cover Pistol: 22rl, 5.7x38, 9mm, 40, and 45.

aac m4-2000, aac sdn762: to cover 5.56, aac 300black, 7.61x39, and 761x54.

Im already looking into and have on order a gemtech 57 suppressor for use with 5.7x28.

so this leaves me with my last supressor that I can purchase due to resource limitations:

I am in between an (octane hd 45:-why? flexibility, carbine rated, full-auto rated, break-down clean up--- to cover carbines, 40 and 300 subsonic black) in doing this i will purchase a piston for 9mm, 300 black, and 40cal. I cover several calibers and have exclusive 9mm carbine supressor.
if i went with saker 762, i would buy piston for 40(pistol), and 9mm(pistol, carbine/rifle) to use with osprey 45

and a saker762:-why? split up my rifle suppresors, works with 51t mount and because I already have 3 pistol suppressors, could use 1 more rifle suppresor) in doing this i will have another multi-purpose rifle caliber and can decrease load on other rifle supressor (only have 1 supressor for 3 calibers) If i go with octane hd 45, I would use with 300 black so rifle load decreased to 7.61x39 and 7.61x54, I would use for 9mm carbines, and would use osprey for 40 and 45 only.

any suggestions feedback? if you suggest different-- please elaborate why. Im pretty decided between these as one one hand I have flexability, or additional rifle supressor. (Im already leaning toward the octane 45, as it reduces 1 caliber from each list, and is less expensive.)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You my friend are a suppressor junkie! I say get the Saker 7.62 its going to be a very hot selling suppressor. But then again the Octane is versitile. You guys down there in the sunshine state cant get any CLEO's to sign off on the paperwork? I may have to rethink my retirement plans and pick a different warm State to move to.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You my friend are a suppressor junkie! I say get the Saker 7.62 its going to be a very hot selling suppressor. But then again the Octane is versitile. You guys down there in the sunshine state cant get any CLEO's to sign off on the paperwork? I may have to rethink my retirement plans and pick a different warm State to move to.

Ah-- u would be just fine here! Problem is you would wish you would have come earlier!!! People are always coming up with reasons to visit the sunshine state -- er I mean gunshine state!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
1 July deadline - I assume you mean the 41p -
The latest reports are that ATF received more than 9,500 comments by the end of the official comment period, December 9, 2013. Approximately 1,000 of those comments were disqualified for a variety of reasons, including foul language and anonymity. That leaves around 8,500 comments that must be individually replied to. As of now, there has only been one individual at ATF assigned to reply to all of these comments. That individual has stated that it’s going to take a year or perhaps even two to reply to all of the comments. Based on this information we are confident that it will be business as usual for a while to come. Until we receive further notice of how the ATF 41P rule change might change the game, you can rest easy. So if you’ve been losing sleep at night thinking that you may have thrown your money down a rat-hole, no need to worry. Just roll over tonight and get some rest.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Idk why but I'm still in a rush I just don't trust anything these fools keep throwing at us. But thanks for info bayonet

thats an impressive list trouble sure shyts on what I have on order lol I'm with Lester peer pressure is a b lmfao buy buy buy

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The latest reports are that ATF received more than 9,500 comments by the end of the official comment period, December 9, 2013. Approximately 1,000 of those comments were disqualified for a variety of reasons, including foul language and anonymity. That leaves around 8,500 comments that must be individually replied to. As of now, there has only been one individual at ATF assigned to reply to all of these comments. That individual has stated that it’s going to take a year or perhaps even two to reply to all of the comments. Based on this information we are confident that it will be business as usual for a while to come. Until we receive further notice of how the ATF 41P rule change might change the game, you can rest easy. So if you’ve been losing sleep at night thinking that you may have thrown your money down a rat-hole, no need to worry. Just roll over tonight and get some rest.

Bayonet-- yeah bit worried bout these things. I hope to take possession of all stamps prior to any change -- good words, but I think that only means one thing. I will be buying both, just in a while!

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Idk why but I'm still in a rush I just don't trust anything these fools keep throwing at us. But thanks for info bayonet

thats an impressive list trouble sure shyts on what I have on order lol I'm with Lester peer pressure is a b lmfao buy buy buy

It from the panic buy of dec 9! Thank you but I'm afraid as with all things 2a just too much fun to leave alone. That being said--- what do u suggest hillbilly?

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Which would your your recommend bayonet? I appreciate your insight. Hope it will hold true, obummer isn't a respecter of the law or of order-- not so sure of what the future holds. I will pick up one- the other will be later if I still can.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I had Lesters money I would by both too! Oh never mind I did buy both, my bad!

Hahahhahahh if I had Lester's money I would buy 4 of each and make a necklace and dance around in a field somewhere shooting off all my 2a items, but then again i would be sharing the song and dance with magical elfin creatures, and gold sharing leprechauns.
Hahahahahhajhahhs. Lester just makes me with I could have both- which is already the cAse. It is good thing I have the sdn762 and osprey already!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I would suggest something but I'm a true rookie with suppressors. What I have on order and impatiently waiting for is surefire 556, octane 45, hunter town 22, and spectre II. I want to add a few things like surefire 762 or sdn 762 and octane 9 but I keep getting carried away with my firearm purchases then the sbr rule changed at same time...... So I know what you mean by just want one for now. What I would ask myself is which would I use more? Hope that helps. What sucks about this stuff it's something you want to get right the first time

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I would do the HD-45 for sure I love mine I have the adapters for the 45,40, and 9mm, me and my boys will be shooting 9mm so I also bought the HD-9 it,s still in jail along with a few others, but if you haven't got a direct thread large caliber for rifle then you should look at the Harvester you can get adapters for it to use on anything from 22-300 win-mag I have 3 in jail, the silencer shop said they were quieter than the SDN-6 and more for precision shooting and highly recommended them and for the price that would be a good choice also.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts