FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the factory muzzle brake from my FS2000 to install a flash hider/QD mount for my AAC M4-2000 suppressor. Being that this is a forgeign made rifle with presumably no US parts and a fixed muzzle attachment, will I run afoul of 922(r) or any other provision by removing the muzzle device and replacing it with AAC's?

Does anyone know for sure? I really would like to do this without having to SBR the rifle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with the post above, but it is my understanding that as soon as you drill out the pin and remover the fixed FH you will have to register as a SBR, unless you permanetly attach the new FH/Supressor mount. If you don't you will need both stamps for the sbr and supressor.
Check out titleii.com as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
murphysteuer said:
I agree with the post above, but it is my understanding that as soon as you drill out the pin and remover the fixed FH you will have to register as a SBR, unless you permanetly attach the new FH/Supressor mount. If you don't you will need both stamps for the sbr and supressor.
Check out titleii.com as well.
That is absolutly incorect. with the FH remooved the barrel leingth is 17.4" and the overall leingth is well over 26" it is not a SBR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts