FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have one of these laying around in my AR parts bin. It was given to me by my brother-in-law. Neither of us has a use for it on our AR's.

Bored this evening so I mounted it on my TR. Hmmm, this might have a use after all. It's almost the exact length of the stock rail. Once my new optic gets here I'll have a bit more experimenting\playing to do than I originally thought. :D

A pic of the piece:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick pics. Something's not in spec as it sits on a slight angle to the right. Easy enough to correct, especially if the unit is free. :)
Had to remove the two small stock rails to get it on.

Side Shot:

Angle Rear:

Front Angle:

I've got to invest in some lights for taking pics. Even the home-brew drop light method would work so much better.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I hope you dont take offense but why in the hell would you bolt that cheap chinese crap on a $1,800 gun? :?: :D

And the gun as it sits in its stock configuration is allready a "Tri Rail". :D Then you bolted another Tri Rail on top of the original Tri Rail? :D

Oh, the irony of it all.... :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No offense taken.

It's an on going attempt to find a setup I like for a dot-optic and some type of iron sights.

And as stated the piece was free so it's at the perfect price point for experimenting. Especially if I need to break out the Dremel. :D

Seeing the posts about folks trying to add all these different types of additional rails to their PS90, more expensive ones at that, I thought I'd throw out this one as an option for folks that like to tinker.

As for the gun already being a tri-rail. The two side bits that make-up the "tri" part are rather small and anything mounted on them or the top rail tends to get in the way of the other.

It is rather ironic though. Maybe I'll cut off one the side rails and make mine a bi-rail tri-rail?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts