FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A man from Independence Township, Michigan, accidentally shot himself to death on Monday while teaching his girlfriend about gun safety, the Oakland Press reports.

The 36-year-old man, whose name has not been released, was showing his girlfriend how his three handguns are safe when they aren’t loaded, according to the Detroit Free Press. He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger.

The third gun fired, and the man was struck in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Three children ages 7, 10, and 12 were in the home, but did not witness the shooting, according to reports. The man's girlfriend told authorities he had been drinking most of the day before the incident took place.

Man Accidentally Kills Self With Gun During Demonstration On Gun Safety

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yet another moron giving ammo to the libs. I hope this guy wasn't a parental figure to any of said children, they might already be taught wrong.

Reactions: skoot61

·
Registered
535 Posts
A man from Independence Township, Michigan, accidentally shot himself to death on Monday while teaching his girlfriend about gun safety, the Oakland Press reports.

The 36-year-old man, whose name has not been released, was showing his girlfriend how his three handguns are safe when they aren’t loaded, according to the Detroit Free Press. He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger.

The third gun fired, and the man was struck in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Three children ages 7, 10, and 12 were in the home, but did not witness the shooting, according to reports. The man's girlfriend told authorities he had been drinking most of the day before the incident took place.

Man Accidentally Kills Self With Gun During Demonstration On Gun Safety
Well, on a positive note I suppose he did actually teach her something about gun safety, i.e. DON'T HOLD A LOADED GUN TO YOUR HEAD! Bet she got the message loud and clear. It will probably stick with her too.

Hope he taught here what TO do first, before showing her what NOT to do!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Well, on a positive note I suppose he did actually teach her something about gun safety, i.e. DON'T HOLD A LOADED GUN TO YOUR HEAD! Bet she got the message loud and clear. It will probably stick with her too.
Dollars to donuts some libtard lawyer talks her into suing the gun company for an "unsafe design."

·
Registered
604 Posts
Darwin Award Winner, for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
All jokes aside this is a sad situation. Not only did 3 children lose their father a wife lost her husband and they will all grow to fear and hate firearms. One man's negligence put an end to his own life. Alcohol and guns, driving, operating any machinery do not mix! I have 2 kids of my own and rarely drink and refuse to do so while my children are present and the last thing i would do is show off any weapon under the influence. its against the law here in Nevada "NRS 202.257 Possession of firearm when under influence of alcohol, controlled substance or other intoxicating substance; administration of evidentiary test; penalty; forfeiture of firearm" its a good way to have your gun taken.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
After reading the linked article, I noticed that the liberal Huffington post is using this act of negligence to refute the conservative idea of allowing trained professionals to carry firearms into schools. It never ceases to amaze me how the liberal media correlates every unrelated set of circumstances in favor of their ideology. What's worse is the self-entitled elitists treat it as gospel and feed it to the layman as wisdom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts