FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Before you shoot 5.56, I would email FN and ask them if it is safe. All of the other FN-15 rifles are chambered in 5.56. This is the only model in the FN-15 family that specifically states that it is chambered in .223 Remington. According to what I know, rifles chambered in .223 Rem are not safe/recommended to shoot 5.56.

Let us know either way.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just going to throw it in the safe, maybe I'll shoot it, ???? Honestly I was just trying to keep up with my neighbor.... yes it's mine... but figured if I said it was LESTERS.... my wife wouldn't catch on !

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Before you shoot 5.56, I would email FN and ask them if it is safe. All of the other FN-15 rifles are chambered in 5.56. This is the only model in the FN-15 family that specifically states that it is chambered in .223 Remington. According to what I know, rifles chambered in .223 Rem are not safe/recommended to shoot 5.56.

Let us know either way.
After nearly 30-years of shooting 5.56 and .223 interchangeably in my various guns marked for either 5.56 or .223, nothing had blown up yet.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm already in the crapper with the " Colonel " she just asked me what did I buy for $700 and then the m855 keeps showing up every other day or so.... on the bright side the Fed Ex lady leaves treats for the dog..... keeps him out of my house...( the dog-house ) LOL

I have been shooting 5:56 out of a .223 chambered gun or 2, no issue's so far.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also wonder Kilven, the scar has his own category with 5 sub cats, the p90 one with 3 subs and so on and the FN15 has to "share" one sub category of the NON/FN Weapons Forum one....

·
Registered
9 Posts
My question about why my post was put here has been answered thanks now whats the 411 on the FN-15 I am about ready to purchase,and was wanting to get some feedback on this. Initially I was wannting the H-K version but since I love the 5.7 pistol so much figured I would look into F&N'z version.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.