FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
11,357 Posts
Soon as I find a range locally that will allow the Five-seveN and PS90 to be fired at. Nearest one is about 40 miles away from me. Man I long for the good old days where any sandpit was good enough. Now, all you get is silver bracelets if you fire anywhere but a range. :roll:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I was referring to the FNP gun owners - as this is the FNP section. But yea, post up some pics of your 5.7 targets too in the range report section :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this site while looking for user info on my FNP. I bought my FNP40 about a year ago when my local Cabela's was running a sale on them. I had been looking at the Pro40 at Gander Mtn which was also "on sale" but still about $130 more than the FNP for basically the same gun ... plus the Pro only came with 10 rnd mags whereas the FNP had 14. I'm a big .40 SW fan and also have a Ruger KP91DC in 40SW that has been a fantastic gun (I'm a big Ruger fan) although I'm not a very good shot with it (It's me not the gun).

So far I'm happy with the FNP. I've only put about 250 rnds thru it, but so far no issues, especially nothing major like a few of the other threads mention. This is my first "plastic" gun, so I will be keeping a close eye on it and the posts in this forum, though.

Anyway, this post asked for targets, so I'll post some up. My first range session was informal (at a gravel pit near where I hunt). I put 50 rnds thru it "plinking" just to get the feel for it and then set up some targets. The targets were homemade, but the outer ring is 10" dia and the center ring is 3" in dia. They were bot set at 25 yds.

One shows 10rnds slow fire (about 1 rnd every 2 seonds), the other was 10 rnds rapid fire as fast as I could get the sights back on target (about 2-3 rnds / sec). Now, I freely admit I'm not much of a handgun shooter, but I've been shooting for nearly 35 years and am fairly proficient with most firearms, and was quite impressed with the feel, accuracy and controlability of this FNP40.

Here's the 25yd 10rnd slow fire, standing modified Weaver Stance:

Here's the 25yd 10rnd rapid fire, standing modified Weaver Stance:

Look forward to checing out this forum in more detail as time permits!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts