1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about buying a scope - but I bought mine to practice shooting using regular sights - maybe one day in the future I'll buy a rail and mount something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My plinker. Reminds me that I really should take her out for a spin this weekend. To fun and cheap not to shoot more often.

·
Registered
980 Posts

My half century old Belgium made Browning Medalist.
Super Duper Accurate.
Features fully adjustable trigger, dry-fire mode, and a set of counterweights. In dry-fire mode the hammer is locked out and the safety lever serves to reset the trigger.
Some Browning guys have told me it is the best medalist they've seen, and they were absolutely shocked to learn that I shoot it on a weekly basis.
I guess I would stop shooting it if I aver intended to sell it, but it's my favorite pistol and I'll never get rid of it.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry :p - I have no immediate plans to put a scope on it - It is a trainer gun, and I hope to also get my wife and eventually my soon to be son using it. Maybe in a few years I'll get a red dot or something. But for now, I wanna use the regular sights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When your ready, I HIGHLY recommend you check out UltraDots. I did allot of research and the consensus among bullseye competitors was that they are the best and the price is right. Thats if you want non magnified. If you want one with some magnification, I can't help you :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
With my MKIII Hunter w/ open sights I would pepper the target at 25 yards, with my Ultradot on there now I can shoot 1" groups all day long at 25 yards. I didn't think it would change my accuracy THAT MUCH! So I always sing there praise from the mountain tops when I get the chance :wink:

·
Registered
980 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I thought a nice reflex sight might be easier to use than staring down a reddot tube...
might be lighter too... Parallax may be more of a problem though.
I've never used a pistol with either so I can't really say. Maybe someone here can educate us.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts