FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a fenix pd30. Have been toting it in my truck or in my pocket for about a year now. I really like this light it is only about 4.5 inches long and is light weight the easy to carry. I am fishing around for suggestions as I want to upgrade to something brighter. The pd30 only puts out about 270 lumens. Being so satisfied with fenix I am thinking about the uc35 rechargeable. It is six inches long though. What's say you? Trying to stay under $120 if possible.

·
Premium Member
8,129 Posts
Take a look at Brite Strike, I have their BD-180-HLS-1C, in the future I'll get one of their 2-cell versions, couldn't be happier with their products. YMMV

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The uc35 I am looking at recharges with a mini usb which is handy. Mainly I am wanting something brighter than my current light yet compact enough to tote. Thanks for the suggestions, I will check those out

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have more surefires than i need and 3 streamlights. My EDC is a Protac HL3, pretty damn bright but my SF fury overwhelms the HL3. Plus losing a streamlight is not as expensive as a SF.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I just got an EagleTac 200LC2. The sucker is bright, much brighter than the PD30 (I also have one of those) and brighter than my Surefire X300u. I'm not sure if it truly hits the claimed lumen's, but it's bright.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SLCTM5I...8&qid=1436160487&sr=1&keywords=eagletac+c200l
The rechargeable 18650 is a big plus IMO (it lasts longer than 2 CR123). IMO, EagleTac quality is better than Fenix. You should check out their various lights.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I currently have two lights that I prefer from all my lights, a Surefire EB2 Backup that I use for everything, and a Streamlight Scorpion.
The EB2 doesn't have a tactical strobe function and it is meant to be a pocket light only, not a pistol or rifle mounted light, by it is my favorite light out of all the flashlights I have.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bought two 500 lumen lights (use 2 CR 123 batteries) from Sportsman's Guide for $35 each that have been great and got a 1000 lumen light (uses 3 C cells) made by Dura Cell for $20 at Cosco. No need to fork up too much for a good light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've owned Fenix, Surefire, Streamlight and many other brands most of you have never heard of. What I have learned over the last 10 years of my pseudo flashlight hobby is that they all fail eventually and the ALL become outdated by something better. That being said I have been buying cheaper no-name lights off of Amazon and DX.com for the last few years and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality. I can buy 10 500 lumen lights for the price of one Surefire. Just another option to consider for lights that you want available but may not be the one you trust your life to.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Flashlights are my #1 tool at work... I have used a INOVA XO3 for years, they are great lights. The company's warranty is amazing! I just recently upgraded to a StreamLight STINGER 330 lumens for work,a little more than I wanted to spend! But so far I like it, seems durable definitely Bright! Almost to bright sometimes...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Correct U are I should have put in there "For a Reasonable Price" Ur Moduluhhoh is 6X in price higher than the 2 I listed!
Haha no doubt! I started off with the reasonable stuff then got the itch for more power. Its all down hill after that. Built a few lights where when i was done, it was like "ok, you could have bought a new gun with what this cost to build, idiot."

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I know what u mean, got a P12 1K lumens for Christmas and love it and its quite small but then I also wanted something smaller so I got the EC11! Knives are just as bad, Switchblades became legal last yr. in my state and there I go buying many and some quite expensive ones and my last one OTF (out the front) was almost $400. but it was worth it to me at least!

So now I have 14 switchblades.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Their are TONS of choices out there. I would go look around on Candlepowerforums. If you want the most light you can get in a small size check out Vinhnguyen54's lights. He gets new lights from all the top makers like Thrunite, Eagletac, Nitecore, Fenix, Olight, etc and mods them to get more output as well as better heat sinks and other stuff. I bought a Thrunite TN36VN from him that puts out 6500 lumens factory, but he bumps it up to around 8100. He actually has a AAA keychain light (Lumintop ToolVN) that puts out almost 1,000 lumens!!! My Thrunite AAA puts out 80 and I think it is really bright for a tiny light. The SX25L3 from Eagletacis about $125 and puts out 3300 lumens...nice light. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two Power Tac USA Warrior light weapons kit. I think it is 800 luens, has a real nice rail mounting bracket Also has three different illumination settings plus strobe. It was on sale for $99.00 usually around $135.00

1 - 19 of 19 Posts