FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some pictures of FNS9's where it looks like the slide lettering has been painted.
Mine is just engraved.
Are there some FNS's being sold with darkened lettering on the slide, or is just the lighting?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Most know it as "Colorfill" or "Colorfilled". It's pretty easy to do. Just take your time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
fill.JPG

Just a few of the threads on this forum regarding your subject that you might find interesting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Goldwing, I think the others on this thread have misunderstood your question. You were asking specifically about the FNS 9 and whether it comes with black lettering. The answer is yes, the FNS 9 comes with black lettering on the slide. So does the FNS 40. I have seen some without the black lettering, but not many. I have always assumed that the ones without the black lettering are a bit older than the others. I myself bought an FNS 9 with the black lettering. Here's a picture of it from the store before I brought it home. (We have a 48 hour waiting period on handguns here in Wisconsin.)

IMG_0631.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, that is what I was asking.
Thanks!

Goldwing, I think the others on this thread have misunderstood your question. You were asking specifically about the FNS 9 and whether it comes with black lettering. The answer is yes, the FNS 9 comes with black lettering on the slide. So does the FNS 40. I have seen some without the black lettering, but not many. I have always assumed that the ones without the black lettering are a bit older than the others. I myself bought an FNS 9 with the black lettering. Here's a picture of it from the store before I brought it home. (We have a 48 hour waiting period on handguns here in Wisconsin.)

View attachment 21655

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just got off the phone with FN and they told me that there was a product change and the newer FNS's do not have filled engraving.
The newer ones look like mine below.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just got off the phone with FN and they told me that there was a product change and the newer FNS's do not have filled engraving.
The newer ones look like mine below.

That makes sense because my FNX-9 has "filled engraving" and is older than my FNX-40 which does not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's too bad, because the black lettering looks really sharp. They should change the pictures on their web site so that people are not confused.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts