FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my Scar 17 FDE tomorrow. Have an investment that I gave up on a long long time ago, that is paying off after all...so thought that I would splurge on an optic for it. I have read a ton of reviews online, but thought that I might as well pose the question here too. Use is for the range, self defense and to look at when I am bored, etc. I was sold on the Elcan, but now the CBQSS seems to be in the lead. I know they are both heavy/large and don't have a true 1X, but what the heck. Any thoughts? Thx in advance.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Which reticle are you thinking for the MK8? I've never held either. But I would give up one of my fingers or toes for the H27-D. :lol: guess that shows how smart I am.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was focusing...on the mil dot reticle. BTW, I live in a rural farming area with a 1500 yard range about a half hour away...if that matters.

·
FN Supporter
433 Posts
Why didn't you like the Mk8? Which one did you have and what did you get? I was on this fence here too...
Too big, too heavy, too expensive compared to the MK6 and I didn't love the reticle. Also, when you change the power setting the ocular scope cover also rotates which drove me crazy....short drive though it may be.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It is designates low profile turrets, which are necessary to mount the aimpoint T-1 on an in-line position, other wise a canted position will be necessary, or risers will have to be used. Leupold Optics Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5C2 - | Leupold Optics or Leupold Optics Mark 6 3-18x44mm M5B2 (34mm) - | Leupold Optics
View attachment 24424 View attachment 24425 View attachment 24427
Oh, I love this forum.

What other pros cons for adjustment zero stop in comparison to the taller MK6 3-18?

Leupold states...
M5C2 Elevation Adjustment Dial

The low-profile M5C2 ZeroLock™ elevation dial automatically locks at the zero position and provides 20 Mils of elevation travel in two revolutions of the dial. A visible, tactile revolution indicator provides immediate feedback of the dial position in any lighting conditions.

Suggested Retail Price.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Only Con is price, but Leupolds warranty and service department is second to none.
My head hurts...:th_4_17_2:

Long"er" range Scar17s w/ 45 offsets or a 1x w/ NF 2-5-10x42 or Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5C2

Elcan 1.5-6 is still on the list for the 17s.

my head hurts...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Does the DAGR set have the illum reticle? Cant find that much info on it...
You can order the package with the reticle of your choice. I am piecing one together myself using the Larue Tactical LT111-34 & LT787 and mounting systems. I prefer the Tremor 2 illum reticle which will put me in the $5000 neighborhood. I have been hiding $500 a month in my Christmas stocking to avoid the wrath of Mrs. GRINCH, what she don't know won't kill me.
:-D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts