FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
A 2 Year Warranty on the second generation of a failure prone item? I think Leupold can stick this piece of junk right up their butts unless they are willing to actually back it up for life like half a dozen other companies...

Trijicon has a 5 year warranty on RMR LED and 15 year warranty on Dual Illuminated RMR and Vortex has LIFETIME warranties.

Leupold Golden Ring® Electronics (Limited Two-Year) Warranty

This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship in the electronic components of illuminated riflescopes/sights, flashlights, flashlight components, RX Rangefinders, GX Rangefinders, Pin Caddie Rangefinder, RCX Cameras and Vendetta Archery Rangefinder. This warranty lasts for two years from the date of purchase. If, during that two-year period, these products are found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Leupold will repair, or if repair is not possible, replace the product, free of charge.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
A 2 Year Warranty on the second generation of a failure prone item? I think Leupold can stick this piece of junk right up their butts unless they are willing to actually back it up for life like half a dozen other companies...

Trijicon has a 5 year warranty on RMR LED and 15 year warranty on Dual Illuminated RMR and Vortex has LIFETIME warranties.

This warranty covers any defects in materials and workmanship in the electronic components of illuminated riflescopes/sights, flashlights, flashlight components, RX Rangefinders, GX Rangefinders, Pin Caddie Rangefinder, RCX Cameras and Vendetta Archery Rangefinder. This warranty lasts for two years from the date of purchase. If, during that two-year period, these products are found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Leupold will repair, or if repair is not possible, replace the product, free of charge.

...and up the butt it may go.

This is a reasoning to why people trust an etched reticle over a red dot only.
Gambling is gambling.

lol, hey, incendiary rounds should last over two years.
Illumination should not be a problem at that point.
Switch back to designated rounds and end the threat.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Leupold's warranty department will repair or replace an electronic failure on an out of warranty product for a fraction of the purchase price.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Leupold's warranty department will repair or replace an electronic failure on an out of warranty product for a fraction of the purchase price.
The goal is to buy a product that the manufacturer is confident won't need warranty service so they stick a lifetime warranty on it from the getgo.

If there is an end run gun ban some day there won't be a Leupold for civilians anymore.

I used to have a direct pipeline to HK to order parts, get repairs and even take classes to repair and service my extensive collection of HK rifles and pistols.

Bush 1 signed the 1989 ban and all of that evaporated overnight.

I am resigned to the fact that I will have to stick with the RMR dual illuminated and expect its tritium element to die in 13 years but at least I know it's will give whatever performance it is capable of until that time without failure.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The goal is to buy a product that the manufacturer is confident won't need warranty service so they stick a lifetime warranty on it from the getgo.

If there is an end run gun ban some day there won't be a Leupold for civilians anymore.

I used to have a direct pipeline to HK to order parts, get repairs and even take classes to repair and service my extensive collection of HK rifles and pistols.

Bush 1 signed the 1989 ban and all of that evaporated overnight.

I am resigned to the fact that I will have to stick with the RMR dual illuminated and expect its tritium element to die in 13 years but at least I know it's will give whatever performance it is capable of until that time without failure.
I'm always trying to catch "that" train of whomever has the product with the best life expectancy and performance.
You guys will love this(below).

Text Lighting Font Design Photography
Text Font Line Parallel
Clip art

I would like to see, just for kicks who made the glass on each model.
It's the digital age, and were all connected, for now.

Nobody is saying that the product is bad, it's just like GI Joe said as a kid growing up.

Text Font Logo Brand Graphics

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just about all lifetime warranty's are limited to defects in workmanship or materials and does not cover wear and tear from use. These defects normally show up within the first year. Sure it would be nice if company's offered a lifetime unconditional warranty that replaced worn out items like Vortex's VIP warranty, but a 2 year Leupold warranty verses a 5 year Trijicon warranty is sematic in nature.

That's a far stretch to say the least.

• 107 years of an American story

Over one century ago, in 1907, a young German immigrant named Fred Leupold set up a one-man shop at 5th and Oak Streets in Portland, OR, repairing optics and surveying equipment.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Just about all lifetime warranty's are limited to defects in workmanship or materials and does not cover wear and tear from use. These defects normally show up within the first year. Sure it would be nice if company's offered a lifetime unconditional warranty that replaced worn out items like Vortex's VIP warranty, but a 2 year Leupold warranty verses a 5 year Trijicon warranty is sematic in nature.

That's a far stretch to say the least.

The Trijicon warranties are based on the failure of outside sourced components.

5 years is when batteries decide to puff up and leak crap into your devices and 15 years is when your tritium element will cease glowing.

A 2 year warranty is just a company that lacks faith in it's own electronics..

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
A company with inferior products also offer lifetime warranty in order to sell its products and worry about everything else later.

Remember Huyndai warranty?

leupold have been around a lot longer than Vortex and Trijicon. I figure they will be around a lot longer as well.

Btw, know of any Deltapoint that have the reticule walked on it? Unlike Trijicon RMR.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.