FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little advice if you please-

I have the scope ordered for my 17, but i'm a little unclear about mounting options. this is the first scope i've bought in 10+ years so i'm a little out of touch in that department.

i've seen some use the LT104, some the LT111.

Does one give better clearance over the charging handle for the QD levers?

i'm considering in the future adding a night vision optic in front of the QBSS, but i have no idea what brand/type.

thanks for your time.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Go with the LT111. You can always flip the mount if the levers are in your way of the charging handle. They both give the same clearance. The LT111 is a fantastic and solid mount. I love mine.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Are you talking about the LT104? If so, that mount is for people who need to get their scope out over the hand guard without spanning the gap between the receiver and hand guard to achieve proper eye relief. Since the SCAR has a true monolithic rail, you dont need this mount. You can go with the LT111 or something similar. But, if you want the LT104, itll work just fine too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Looking for a little advice if you please-

I have the scope ordered for my 17, but i'm a little unclear about mounting options. this is the first scope i've bought in 10+ years so i'm a little out of touch in that department.

i've seen some use the LT104, some the LT111.

Does one give better clearance over the charging handle for the QD levers?

i'm considering in the future adding a night vision optic in front of the QBSS, but i have no idea what brand/type.

thanks for your time.
You could always go with a ERA-TAC mount and run the levers on the ejection side for nothing to get into your way charging handle wise. Just thought I'd show you what one of my CQBSS's is using. Good shooting to you.

IMG_1682.JPG IMG_1677.JPG ERA TAC.jpg

Reactions: gnxz and Kev

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could always go with a ERA-TAC mount and run the levers on the ejection side for nothing to get into your way charging handle wise. Just thought I'd show you what one of my CQBSS's is using. Good shooting to you.

View attachment 26051 View attachment 26052 View attachment 26053
dumb question: well 2.

1.) I have yet to get my scar yet, but I see most people with really high optics mounts - I prefer low mounts but sometimes get too low -what size are those rings?

2.) are all of those scopes sighted in on that gun? how.... well does that work having a short range and a long range scope interchange

·
Registered
660 Posts
You have an adjustable cheek rest on a scar so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Those are the one height 34mm they offered at the time.
Yes all for that rifle. How well does that work? I truly don't understand the question.
From 0-800yrd shooting, I'm covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
dumb question: well 2.

1.) I have yet to get my scar yet, but I see most people with really high optics mounts - I prefer low mounts but sometimes get too low -what size are those rings?

2.) are all of those scopes sighted in on that gun? how.... well does that work having a short range and a long range scope interchange
one reason for the scope mounting height is to clear the rear BUIS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I said it was a dumb questions :)

I guess what I meant was, I thought the mounts when taken off and put back on still fluctuated 1moa off zero or even more , which would be a big deal on a long ranged scope. Now, I very well can be mistaken, and with your setup it appears I am, but it has gotten me interested in a long ranged scope and a close quarters scope I can interchange

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well, I said it was a dumb questions :)

I guess what I meant was, I thought the mounts when taken off and put back on still fluctuated 1moa off zero or even more , which would be a big deal on a long ranged scope. Now, I very well can be mistaken, and with your setup it appears I am, but it has gotten me interested in a long ranged scope and a close quarters scope I can interchange
If you want to know just how repeatable the Mark 6 mount is...... :icon_thumbup: I did this on 11-9-2013 with my 50gr V-max handloads in my ACR.

t.jpg

·
Registered
660 Posts
Which ADM mount would be best for the CQBSS?
I like the AD-RECON-SW Scope Mount for a few reasons that I won't "engineering babble" go into. The one from them I like the best (for transferring and or defusing of subharmonic vibrational energy to a scopes erector system) is the AD-DELTA. But that one isn't available in 34mm. For the life of me I can't figure out why not. People tend to want weight savings on all the stuff that goes on a rifle, and I understand that.... but weight savings and or the relieving of mass from a mounting structure that is holding your precision aiming instrument of which has interior adjustment thread pitches in the micro units is the last place you what to "hollow" things out and make less unyielding!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts