FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running a mark6 1-6 for about a year now. Although the most I can shoot is 300 yards I've been mostly limited to 200.

I can't shake the feeling that I bought the wrong optic. I should be running something else. I don't want a 1-8. I bought the mk6 3-18 yesterday. I think I'll run the two head to head and sell the one I don't like off.

My use is three gunning but I have been limited to off a mat.

Any personal experiences you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BBsobs

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Well, as you know you'll do better with the 3-18 further out.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have ran all 3 that you mention (the 1-8 that you mention is a 1.1-8 though. A CQBSS with a H-27D ret.) and I found that I go back and forth with the CQBSS and the Mark 6 3-18x44. For most of my matches though the CQBSS comes out on top since 90% of the shots are 250yrds or less. But - on the day that they snuck in there a 600yrd steel plate, I had the CQBSS on there and still did what needed to be done just fine. (in fact - I took first place that day out of 54 shooters) So if you do go 1.1-8x24 - don't entertain any negative thoughts about not enough - especially on game day! A champion never lets those enter his head!

2 IMG_1724.JPG 1 IMG_1638.JPG

·
Registered
221 Posts
I own both Mk6 scopes and one is on my 17s and the other on the 16s. I also move the 3-18x to my PredatOBR sometimes. I love both of these optics, they fill every role I have considered so far. I mean they aren't a true red-dot like Aimpoint but then again if Aimpoint dies you have no reticle unless you get a partial co-witness with the iron sights.
My 1-6x has the CMR-W reticle and the 3-18x has the TMR.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have ran all 3 that you mention (the 1-8 that you mention is a 1.1-8 though. A CQBSS with a H-27D ret.) and I found that I go back and forth with the CQBSS and the Mark 6 3-18x44. For most of my matches though the CQBSS comes out on top since 90% of the shots are 250yrds or less. But - on the day that they snuck in there a 600yrd steel plate, I had the CQBSS on there and still did what needed to be done just fine. (in fact - I took first place that day out of 54 shooters) So if you do go 1.1-8x24 - don't entertain any negative thoughts about not enough - especially on game day! A champion never lets those enter his head!

View attachment 35255 View attachment 35256
What mounts are you using?

·
Registered
660 Posts
What mounts are you using?
Mark 6 IMS mounts on both. I've shot the most incredible 200 and 300yrd groups with this system. (not just on the SCAR platforms either. I run them on the AI rifle, the EDM Arms rifle and the Barrett 82A1.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts