FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
It's as fast as you can think. It is quite the game changer in speed of both close, and distance target engagement.

View attachment 34766
Okay, so being you're left-handed as well...does this thing swap sides or should we congratulate Them on making something completely no-ambidextrous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have time behind one? This looks really interesting.
Yes I have. And to be honest, it was way more mind blowing than what I was prepared to experience. When I said "as fast as you can think" I wasn't exaggerating. Engaging a target at 35ft., then whack a steel plate at 240yrds without coming off the trigger - as fast as you can pull the trigger!! Trust me,,, this changes everything.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so being you're left-handed as well...does this thing swap sides or should we congratulate Them on making something completely no-ambidextrous?

Some things don't need to be dual modeled. Is there solid right handed and left handed screwdrivers?? Is there right handed scopes and left handed scopes? I hope you are seeing my point. But rest assured - they should be congratulated.

Reactions: Rattyxj00

·
Registered
757 Posts
Some things don't need to be dual modeled. Is there solid right handed and left handed screwdrivers?? Is there right handed scopes and left handed scopes? I hope you are seeing my point. But rest assured - they should be congratulated.
Perhaps it's not as protruding as the pics make it, it just appears to block the right hand side/ vision. Was just being a little sarcastic on the comment. It would be neat to see a little more pics?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps it's not as protruding as the pics make it, it just appears to block the right hand side/ vision. Was just being a little sarcastic on the comment. It would be neat to see a little more pics?

What's neat is to get behind it and use it. You'll be in awe. Seriously!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds REALLY interesting!

He hit the nail on the head saying it's like a magic trick. So amazing to use! This changes everything. I know what's going on about 6 different rifles I own. (and about the LCO part of it - here I thought a red dot is a red dot - talk about insert foot in mouth. This thing is so "open" and non-vision restrictive! The dot is..... well,,, so sweet! And you can make it so small and fine! I can now not have a big target covering dot but a fine aiming point if I choose. It's awesome. The package together is simply amazing!)

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Interesting.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Felt a horse, real cream sticks... :eek:

:-D

Reactions: FLyon

·
Registered
961 Posts
I returned the VCOG because of the warranty transfer issues and I didn't care for having to dial up the magnification. I have an ELCAN on the way once that VCOG gets there next week. I am very tempted to try this out instead! I need to sleep on this one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I already have an ELCAN that I'm very happy with, however I find this product to be very interesting in that it provides unlimited eye-relief for the 1x red dot but the red-dot doesn't sit way on top of another optic while the other portion of the optic provides extended magnification

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
This thing looks awesome. I am very tempted. The only potential issue I see is what happens if you want to run this with night vision?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This thing looks awesome. I am very tempted. The only potential issue I see is what happens if you want to run this with night vision?
Helmet mounted NV - no issue. Rifle mount NV runs through the LCO But remember, carbine platforms rarely have rifle mounted pounds NV. That for the long gun applications.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts