FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts

I've got one, it's current configuration is the pic on the top, the bottom pic is my fall and winter setup with black furniture.

LMT 16" upper
LMT M16 BCG & CH
LMT H buffer
LMT ambi selector
LMT Defender 2000 lower
KAC M4 RAS rails with KAC black rail panels
KAC VFG & rail QD sling mount
Magpul XTM rail panels (flat dark earth & black - top two pics)
Magpul MIAD grips (flat dark earth & black)
Magpul enhanced trigger guard
Magpul black CTR stock (bottom pic)
Norgon ambi mag catch
KNS Gen 1 pins
Vltor tan Clubfoot Modstock (top two pics)
Troy BUIS
Aimpoint with LaRue cantilever QD mount
Surefire M951C 6V weaponlight
Blue Force Gear Vickers VCAS foliage green two point sling
Magpul PMAG with Ranger plates

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you like them? how do they shoot? is it better to build it or get the complete rifle, there is a shop near me that sells the parts and the complete rifle. they seem to be better quality.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thats a sick rifle you there! :?

·
Registered
171 Posts
DanFla said:
how do you like them? how do they shoot? is it better to build it or get the complete rifle, there is a shop near me that sells the parts and the complete rifle. they seem to be better quality.
LMT are very close to Mil features with my other Colt ARs, they use more high quality and better manufacturing methods than other regular AR brands, no failure to fire or feed at all, it runs very well.

Mine shoots great better than how I could shoot it, usually an average of about one and a half inch groupings at 100 yards, maybe even better if used with match and custom hand loads and if the shooter does his part.

It would cost less to get a separate built upper and a lower so you don't pay the Federal Excise Tax (FET), I got mine separately, my upper to lower fit is good it close and opens easily but not much movement, better than my two Colts.

If you could hand pick your upper take a close look at the front sight, make sure the left and right side protectors of the front sight blade are even in thickness, there are some LMT owners that complained about it.

As for the lower half, try the trigger to see if you like it and make sure USGI and Magpul PMAGs would drop free of the magwell.

I would also recommend getting the LMT M16 full auto bolt carrier group and an optional LMT heavy buffer which increases the carbines reliability. I'm satisfied with their quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man. i am going to make my purchase in a couple weeks, lmt seems to be a sure thing, and i like the best stuff, thats why i like FN too!
thanks for the info. i will post some pics when i put em together. :?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got the AR bug too.. Looking seriously at the LMT MRP CQB piston model :MM:. Saw it on their website and it took an hour to get the wood down :-D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im really considering the mrp rifle they make. loosen 2 screws and you can change the barrel to 6.8 from 556. all billet upper with foregrip built on. full float. but the lowest i have found it for was 1700, for that much i could probly get m96 or fs2000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts