FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As is typical jhs passed along some neat information not too long ago regarding a suppressor company called, Liberty Suppressors | Maker of the Worlds Greatest Firearm Suppressors. jhs passed this information along as it pertains to his Gemtech SFN 57 Suppressor. At one time Liberty offered a service to jailbreak this Gemtech suppressor specifically manufactured for the FsN and the PS90. The idea being once the Gemtech suppressor has been jail broken it can be taken apart to be cleaned and serviced by the end user which is otherwise not the case with this Gemtech SFN-57 suppressor.

I recently ordered (2) of these cans with the idea of having them both jail broken so I could take them apart for periodic cleaning and service. Today I called Liberty to inquire about the process, cost and timing. I was informed they have become so busy with their proprietary line of suppressors they no longer offer the jailbreak service for other manufactured suppressors, only their own brand of suppressors. However, they did turn me onto a company called, Welcome | Stalking Rhino Industries who in fact offers this jailbreak service on the Gemtech's and several other suppressors. I have sent the first inquiry to the new company regarding pricing, timing and the process. As soon as I hear back from them I will update this thread in case anyone else is interested in this type of service.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
where were you able to find your 2 cans? I have yet to see one for sell. I would like to have one due to the disappointing sound reduction from my .22 can on my ps90 sbr and do not want to add the weight of a 556 can to such a light weight gun. the gemtech would be perfect for me. I was anti gemtech 57 can but am really starting to see the advantages of it

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*Update #1*

I received an email back directly from Matt last evening after my initial email inquiry regarding his jailbreak services, timing, cost and process. My biggest question initially was since my 2 form 4's have not been approved yet can he legally work on the suppressors. You will see from his response below that yes so long as my FFL is willing to sign the suppressors out to Stalking Rhino then legally there are no worries. Below is the email response from Matt yesterday evening and I have since downloaded the .pdf work order form from their website and filled it out this morning. I have sent Matt a second email this morning with my FFL's license information attached and asking him if he will make initial contact with my FFL to begin the process or if he would like me to reach out? As I continue to make my way through the process I will update the thread accordingly. Thanks.

"Brad,

Thank you for your interest in Stalking Rhino.

Yes, we can jailbreak your suppressors while they are in transfer. Your SOT will simply sign out the suppressors to Stalking Rhino in his bound book (he will need our FFL/SOT to do this) and send them to us for servicing. Upon completion we will ship the suppressors back to him and they will finish out the transfer. If they have any questions about the process I can answer all their questions. We do this often.

The price depends on the jailbreak type you are after.

Aluminum is $225 and will be similar in color to the endcap that you currently have with a varying takedown feature of either knurled or spanner holes. We will provide the tool for the spanner conversion.

Titanium is $325 and will be a dark grey matte finish and is available only with spanner holes. For this we provide the tool as well.

The main differences between the Aluminum and Titanium conversion is durability f the endcap.....in the favor of titanium. You can drop the endcap, use brushes to clean them and be rougher in general. We have never had a titanium endcap come back for replacing due to neglect, however we have replaced sevearl aluminum ones due to dropping or cleaning too aggressively. The decision is entirely yours. I personally recommend the titanium for its durability and knowing that you will NEVER have issues with it. I have titanium endcaps on all my personal cans I have jailbroken.

We are first come first serve so its entirely dependent on what we have in the shop and our schedule. Average is 10-12 weeks for aluminum and 8-10 weeks for titanium right now. Keep in mind things do happen and sometimes we are faster and slower. These are just estimates and nothing more. We want your stuff out of the shop as quickly as possible and will do everything we can to make that happen!

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

-Matt"

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I followed suit with Bayonet14 and sent out 3 of my Gemtechs and my YHM Cobra M2 this week. Its going to be a long while but I will update the thread once received back from SRI! I will say, Matt is a very good guy to work with!

Thanks for the heads up! Definitely interested in how it turns out.

Thanks,

John

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts