FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what light they use on the P90 from stargate SG-1 and Atlantis? I like the look of it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yep - it is a Streamlight Scorpion light. It is held on with two scoperings. As the light is not quite 1" around, they used electrical tape wrapped around it at the 2 spots the scope rings hold it. They wound it around the light in order to make it fit the scope rings.

I had a Scorpion light on mine. But, from carrying it at the range, and it bouncing up against me as it hung from the sling as I walked up and down range many times - the bulb kept coming out.

I switched to a Brinkman light of similar design (and the light is 1", so no tape). haven't had the bulb issue happen again with the Brinkman.

I read some info on their props about 1-2 years ago. That's why I know what light itw as and how itw as done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Thanks for the reply.

What model light did you switch to?

I just picked up a new PS90 USG in black and love it so far.

One other question did you buy stock side rails or go with an aftermarket set?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
FN side rails cost way too much. Buy an aftermarket set - they are the same for all practical purposes.

I forget the exact model name - but it is a Xenon Brinkman 2 battery light (NOT an LED - and it uses two 123 batteries). Wal-Mart used to carry them, but I think they quit. A sporting good chain called Academy carried them the last time I checked.

I actually don't have anything on the rails right now - as after a while, stuff attached to the sides makes the gun feel kinda bulky. But, I still have the rings on the flashlight, and may remount it 1 of these days.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I put a Surefire 6P on mine, mostly because they have a quick release mount that holds it in place very tightly. Pentigon also has some real nice lights and mounts.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I have the same Brinkman as Shipwreck - It's good because the outside is slightly bigger than 1 inch but is made of soft rubber and can be compressed slightly for a solid fit. $15 plus the scope rings.

·
Registered
356 Posts
devildoc said:
I put a Surefire 6P on mine, mostly because they have a quick release mount that holds it in place very tightly.
We've got a very similar set-up, devildoc. Here's mine:

SureFire G2 Nitrolon with:
- 6P Bezel (I like the metal/plastic combo look on the PS-90)
- Malkoff M60 235+ Lumen LED replacement bulb (best LED drop-in EVER!)
All this held on by a SureFire M79 Flashlight 6P/G2 Gun Mount.

On the list to buy is either a SureFire Z49 Click-On Lock-Out Tailcap or a SureFire XM(##) Tailcap Switch Assembly. I haven't decided which yet.

My weapon light setup is getting to be expensive! :-D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I ended up going with the Streamlight TL-2 Xenon version. I also bought the shock proof bulb assembly.

Mounted it to the gun with 2 1" scope rings and the electrical tape trick.

Looks very nice and seems secure.

They sell a rail mount specifically for the light but the scope ring method worked so well I think I will stick with that.

The only dilemma now is whether to get a momentary switch to mount to the frame of the gun I like the idea but am not to keen on the look of that.

Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yea, when I have my light mounted, I do not worry about a switch. I don't care for the look of them too much either. And some of them come with a faily large pressure pad.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FSCJedi said:
devildoc said:
I put a Surefire 6P on mine, mostly because they have a quick release mount that holds it in place very tightly.
We've got a very similar set-up, devildoc. Here's mine:

SureFire G2 Nitrolon with:
- 6P Bezel (I like the metal/plastic combo look on the PS-90)
- Malkoff M60 235+ Lumen LED replacement bulb (best LED drop-in EVER!)
All this held on by a SureFire M79 Flashlight 6P/G2 Gun Mount.

On the list to buy is either a SureFire Z49 Click-On Lock-Out Tailcap or a SureFire XM(##) Tailcap Switch Assembly. I haven't decided which yet.

My weapon light setup is getting to be expensive! :-D
how did the surefire 6p work out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts