FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I recently bought mine a Surefire X400 Ultra. These are heavy shotguns so the X400 doesn't change the balance of the weapon at all. I prefer lasers on weapons when possible, so this fits the bill nicely. The red laser is substantially brighter than Crimson Trace lasers I've owned, and it has to be to show up with the 500 lumens of light. I would have preferred the green laser version, but after threatening to release it for years, I have to assume Surefire may never do so. I could have gone with a Surefire Scout light, but I don't need the pressure pad - the X-series lights are easy to flip on with your forward thumb (or thumb and first finger) when you pick up the weapon. Besides, once you light up 500 lumens in the dark, you're going to want to leave it on or you won't be able to see poop afterward.

Really like my SLP. It's what I keep closest to the bed at night. I keep it loaded with PDX1 segmenting slugs and five 3" magnum Federal #4 buck waiting to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
I put a TLR-1s on mine. It seems to put the right amount of light out, but the reach for controls extends my arms more than I like.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have an 18" SLP and i bought the tri-rail and I have a Streamlight TLR-1s on it. I also have 6 round mesa tactical side saddle.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just ordered the Surefire M620P Fury Scout Light for my SLP. 600 lumens should be fun. They really should have stopped at 500 lumens and started increasing runtime or other features. Would love to see them offer Scout series with a laser.

The X400U Red will move to my M&P9 Pro.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Surefire M600P installed. The redesigned, larger screw mount allows it to be tightened by hand to the point where I cannot unscrew it without a tool. Don't think I should have any problems, but if it works loose after shooting, I'll use Locktite.

Observation: light pattern is a little more narrow than x300U/400U, but still lights up a room much better than any <200 lumen solution. The 300/400 is almost a full 180-degree beam with hot spot in center. M600P lamp has a throw that is less wide, but then also has a wide, bright center area, then finally a center hot spot. Looks like the Scout is designed to reach out further directly in front.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surefire M600P installed. The redesigned, larger screw mount allows it to be tightened by hand to the point where I cannot unscrew it without a tool. Don't think I should have any problems, but if it works loose after shooting, I'll use Locktite.

Observation: light pattern is a little more narrow than x300U/400U, but still lights up a room much better than any <200 lumen solution. The 300/400 is almost a full 180-degree beam with hot spot in center. M600P lamp has a throw that is less wide, but then also has a wide, bright center area, then finally a center hot spot. Looks like the Scout is designed to reach out further directly in front.
Would it work for a night hunt light? I like to get out and put da hurts to da coyote...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts