FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching around for information. On weapon lights and lights/lasers for my FNX 45T (in fde)

There are three major players, in my mind at least.

Surefire, Streamlight, and Viridian.

Surefire x300u or x400u

Streamlight TLR1HL or TLR2HL

and Viridian X5L (black or FDE)

Viridian is the cheapest, especially considering its a light and green laser, however the light is the weakest of the bunch. However, It seems like it is possible to have to 'bright' of a light. It does come in FDE so I could match the gun, or close enough.

The surefire and streamlight seem to be able equal, with the Streamlight being somewhat cheaper. Both seem to have better quality than the Viridian.

Any opinions, pictures installed on a 45T.

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
I have both a TLR-1s and a TLR-2s. I've had them both for a good while now and they've held up very well. No complaints about either. The TLR-2s lives on my Tactical now days. I don't think you can go wrong with the Surefire choices either. I have a couple of their lights, including a shotgun mounted one and they are built to last. I don't have any hands on experience with the Viridian lights.

Here's the TLR-2s on the Tac:

Reactions: lefthanded7

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have been eyeing the new crimson trace rail master. Have not seen any reviews though I like how small and compact it looks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the tlr-2g. I plan on using plasti paint to paint it camo tan. We were shooting out to about 15 yards during the day hitting a round do-all target. I sighted it in a little closer. Love it. It took me a minute to get the adjustments right.

·
Registered
240 Posts
X400U green - hands down is the best - that is, if you have no other criteria like cost concerns, etc. In a light/laser combo, go green or go home. I have both X400U in red and green and the green is stunningly more visible than the red against a 500 lumen light.

If you want just the laser, the CT Railmaster in green is stupid-bright and has a nice, non-blooming dot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the X300 ultra and am extremely happy with it. I've accidentally banged it a few times but these things were made for that. It is a very well made item. I'm going to keep getting those for whatever needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts