FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a easy way to tell if you are cocked and have a round in the chamber of the ps90.

with some weapons you can move the bolt, move the slide, check the cocking indicator or something, to easily tell if a round is in the chamber.

i guess the easiest why to find out is pull the trigger????

·
Registered
54 Posts
The proper way is to follow the rules of gun safety, and never chamber a round until ready to fire. If you are unsure, then clear the weapon by removing the magazine, and cycling the weapon. Visually inspect the chamber, which is at least easy with the PS90.

As far as I know there is not an external indicator such as there are on many current semi auto pistols.

Never pull the trigger on any weapon that you do not know if its loaded or not.

-E

·
Banned
328 Posts
That's why loaded chamber indicators are BS. You should always follow the procedure in Enigma's post and treat all guns as being loaded. The indicators they put on newer guns (supposedly to make them more safe) only serve to reinforce bad gun handling habits.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
All ways handle as if loaded, 8) But in one article I read the author pointed this out and wanted to do a chamber check as taught in the service. While the gun is shouldered pointing down range he withdrew the cocking handle a half inch and at the same time inserted his middle finger of his right hand up the ejection port to feel for a chambered round. It does sounds more like PS90 molestation. :-D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Enigma Nostra said:
The proper way is to follow the rules of gun safety, and never chamber a round until ready to fire. If you are unsure, then clear the weapon by removing the magazine, and cycling the weapon. Visually inspect the chamber, which is at least easy with the PS90.

As far as I know there is not an external indicator such as there are on many current semi auto pistols.

-E
Thats what i do :) well said btw! :?

·
Registered
61 Posts

'Nuff Said.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Enigma Nostra said:
The proper way is to follow the rules of gun safety, and never chamber a round until ready to fire. -E
Well yes, if you are on the range. But, if you are using the weapon for protection, there is nothing wrong with having it loaded and made ready, and on safe of course. Situation dictates of course, in regards to kids in the home, storage location, etc.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Iraq Ninja said:
Enigma Nostra said:
The proper way is to follow the rules of gun safety, and never chamber a round until ready to fire. -E
Well yes, if you are on the range. But, if you are using the weapon for protection, there is nothing wrong with having it loaded and made ready, and on safe of course. Situation dictates of course, in regards to kids in the home, storage location, etc.
That is how I used to store mine until very recently. Because of my son, even though it is in a safe, I decided to take the mag off. I do have a loaded mag available, however.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i leave mine with the mag loaded, no round in the chamber, locked up in my safe

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, I used to keep every one of my guns loaded. With a child, I keep the loaded guns to a minimum. My nightstand gun and my 2 carry guns are all that I now keep loaded.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also have several loaded weapons, but only my g/f and I know where they are and what is loaded how (some are round in, some arnt such as the 12 guage). I still check them every time I pick them up and move them. It takes under 30 seconds even for the shotgun to unload and reload, and keeps me safe and honest. If theres any chance that it can be loaded, double check is my policy. I also have limited people having access to my weapons, the larger the pool of people, the more chance that someones messed with it from how you have left it.

But im also anal retentive about safety. Havnt shot myself or anything else by accident yet, so im cool with being careful.

-E

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also, if you have it around as a defence weapon, with 50 rounds, re chambering if the **** hits the fan loses you one round, and ensures you do have one in the chamber. Id go with that route no matter what on the PS90 in such a situation, were it me. Please note im not advoating using it as a PDW, see other posts regarding such.

-E

1 - 12 of 12 Posts