FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if it exist anything to be used as a quick locking device for a SCAR 16. I was reading the trigger locks are not so safe. I have also found some locks that you can insert in the magazine slot, but it does not work with a SCAR. Any idea or suggestions?

Thanks

David

·
Premium Member
9,713 Posts
I'm not a fan of them, but can't you just use the cable lock that it comes with?

Reactions: bravonc

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
You would be better off just getting a quick release handsafe and stick a loaded mag inside that. What purpose are you needing to "lock up" a scar?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if it exist anything to be used as a quick locking device for a SCAR 16. I was reading the trigger locks are not so safe. I have also found some locks that you can insert in the magazine slot, but it does not work with a SCAR. Any idea or suggestions?

If yours did not come with one of the cable locks, we're talking about a small plastic-coated bicycle-type cable padlock. Threads through the magazine well and out through the ejection port, holding the bolt carrier group slightly open and thus "safe". A simple, low tech solution to keeping your kids or their friends (or any number of others) from using the gun. :th_143:

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
You peek my interest on somethings I've had stashed away so here's a lock that will work in the SCAR16 mag well.

LOCK AR 3 WAY

Just some info for those wanting to know. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you

That is the system i was looking for! The little cable can be usefull but not strong enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts