FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went to see the movie Lone Survivor. Just amazing! If you haven't had time to watch the movie, make time. It will make you appreciate the smallest of things of life. Our movie theater had a standing ovation at the ending.

And by surprise my wife purchased an autographed copy of Markus Luttrell's book "Lone Survivor. Can't wait to read it too!

SPMAJSML.jpeg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very good movie.Makes you appreciate the men and women who fight for this country.Needed a better ending and more of the Gunship photo.Those are cool to watch.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I enjoyed it. Saw it during Christmas in LA. It is really intense though. The violence, the falls, etc. Super intense so I'm sure there are vets that won't appreciate that. I know it took me a bit to watch movies like this.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Got the book for Christmas, along with Chris Kyle's "American Sniper". Haven't started reading yet and also can't wait for it on Bluray.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
My son like it... in fact that has increased the" hipe" for me to actually go to the " big screen " to see it. He went with a friend & his Dad ( whom is also a friend of mine. All 3 liked it !
I gotta to go see it, I normally wait until I can watch on my own TV.

Not enough is done to support our troops or our vets !
My .02 !

Not meant to start controversy.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I saw it last night with my dad. Good movie, even if a few parts seemed a bit Hollywoodized. When I'm done reading Fireforce, I plan on reading the book, and see what actually happened.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My whole USAF unit went to see the early showing yesterday. We're a close air support unit so we identified greatly with certain comm issues depicted in the film.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw it last night and it was a great movie. I would still suggest reading the book first. It fill in the details that the movie skipped.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Read the book when it first came out. After i finished, i read it aloud with my wife. There were several parts in the book that we both caught ourselves with tears in our eyes. I've been waiting for this film for years. We fought tears the last 5 min of the movie last night. We lost.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Just bought the book based on the comments of other forum members. I'll wait on the blu ray like I do for everything else - I hardly ever go to the movie theater anymore.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
The movie got some of the events out of order and didn't exactly follow the book terribly well IMO, which kind of disappointed me. I liked the book a lot better than movie. The movie just seemed too short to me to properly deal with what they went through.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just got back from the movie, great, and it shows the dedication our soldiers have in keeping this country free. It should be watched by all to see what the cost is for this Country's freedom. Vey moving emotionally, yes I had goose bumps and watering eyes. I will be seeing a second time and possibly more. If you have not gone make appoint to see it. May our flag always fly high!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I saw it Friday night with my son. We both read the book. The book is better than the movie, but that's always the way. I read a post on another site where there was a comment that the scenes where they were falling down the mountain were too long and belabored. I guess the guy was being sarcastic. If you read the book, you'd have a hard time putting that scene on film, but they did that pretty well. I never served but I absolutely respect and am grateful for those who have. It's a great movie that I will watch many more times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was lucky enough to catch a free early screening early December and enjoyed it. Main gripes is that it felt a bit too "actiony" whereas films like Black Hawk Down/Saving Private Ryan had a more realistic/gritty view. Ending was changed up a bit also, mostly so the audience could get a sense of "closure" I suppose and I was very disappointed they didnt have him yell his class number.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Great movie. They could have spent more time developing the plot and character's connection with the audience, but it would have been a 4 hour movie. We need more movies like this to remind every American the true cost of freedom and what our men and women in uniform deal with on the battlefield. The sad thing is that the people that need to see movies like this won't and will continue to think that our armed services are some expendable commodity that they can use for political gain and then s*it on them when they return and not give them the very best health care and retirement available.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Good movie, but Wahlberg can't act like anyone other than a Bostonian to save his life.

Reactions: wagnasty
1 - 20 of 30 Posts