FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made by Cammenga, this AR-style magazine slides open, you drop all 30 rounds in, close it, load it, and fire. In one of the videos, this guy loads 30 rounds in 23 seconds, and he's not rushing at all. I like it! They're available for $35.00 each. Be sure to watch the video, that shows you all about it.

http://store.cammenga.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=51

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ive got some and they work well in the AR's and FS2000. They feel like the british steel mags and may not like tight fitting magwells.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would not use them in a defensive situation just because I have not shot with them enough, but for range work when I run out of loaded mags Ive used them a few times out of a few types of rifles. They do fit tight so best thing to do is try one. Some Olympic arms will not take them but it it will fit Thermolds or orlites it should work fine.

They used to be 60 bucks each!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm optimistic; I'm finally going home in a few days, and mine should be delivered by then, so we'll see.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It sure is a fantastic idea, I dont shoot 223 as much as I used to but if only they had come when I used to blow 1,000 rounds in a day at the range.

Dont release the mag without ammo in it, theres no warning about that but I can see how it can hurt the lips with all that power.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm very happy with it. None of my friends had seen it before, and it functioned flawlessly. It's heavy and durable, and quick to load, I'm glad I got it. It'll probably be the main magazine I use, along with my Pmag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts