FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So-I own an FNX Tactical right now, and was considering buying/trading for a FDE Five-Seven pistol. I have a guy wanting to trade the FDE gun, 1200 rounds of ammo (half FN, half AE) 3 factory mags, and two 30 round pro mags, and a couple holsters for my AR.
This is what is in my AR
Spikes Upper/Lower
Magpul UBR/MOE +, Trigger Guard
Magpul BAD Lever
Anderson LPK
Battle Arms Development Ambi Safety
Raptor Ambi Charging Handle
AIM Nickle Boron V2 BCG
Rainier Arms Ultra Match 14.5' Stainless Steel 223 Wylde barrel
Silver Soldered SWR Trifecta FH/Suppressor mount (Mounted to legal length)
Fortis 12' REV rail
Seekins Adjustable Gas Block
Primary Arms MD06L Red Dot
Larue Tactical LT751 mount
Magpul MS3 coyote QD Sling

I like the idea of the 57, but at the same time, am a little weirded out about trading a nice rifle for a pistol...The rifle has been my HD rifle for a while, but was possibly thinking about SBRing a PS90 if i got rid of the AR. What do you guys think?

10246708_10201703926426620_3018967996070751188_n.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
How many rounds through the AR? FN 57? On the surface at least to me if the rifle is in good condition it sounds like with ammo in the trade it would be pretty close to heads up trade. As much as I would like to have a 57 I am not sure I could do it. Of course I am assuming that is your only AR and you enjoy shooting it. It really boils.down to if you feel it is a good trade.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He says about 500 through the FN. I have about 300 through the AR. I love my rifle, and consider the 57 more of a novelty gun....BUT, could lead into the PS90....i have 2 other AR's. A Standard carbine, and an SPR. All three are setup for my suppressor that should be here in a few weeks....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmm...I probably should not be giving you advice, but if I had 2 other ARs and the one in the trade was not something special to me....I would do it. But I think it would be cool to have a 57..........let me say again though, it MUST feel right to you, not me, because i have no skin in this game and have no idea how you process things and I could be completely wrong and so forth and so on.........

·
Registered
72 Posts
To me the FsN is an SBR! I don't care for an AR, so I would trade for the FsN & then go for a P90 or get yourself a Tavor if your sitting on .223/5.56 ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
768 Posts
Your spikes sounds like a good set up. I personally would keep it over the 57. Your ar sounds like your primary. What are you going to be able to get parts and ammo for easier. I would keep the answer to that question.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What is the value of your AR ?
With 1200 rds of 5.7 ammo that alone is around $630 ((ss197=$30*12)+(AE=$25*12))and thats not including the pistol which i think he could get around $1100 for it. You decide, AR's are always readily available, can't say that for a 5.7.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The value of my AR is about $17-1800. And I agree, AR's are more readily available.

Just cant decide if the switch is worth it or not in my mind.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Have you ever fired an FsN? A lot of people are hooked the first time they do. If you have a range that rents them nearby, go and try it out. Or maybe the person doing the trade is willing to let you fire a magazine or two first. With having the other two AR's, I would personally do it, but I have a FsN, and know how much fun they are. If you reload, you can always load for the FsN which takes the worry about ammo out of the question. It also lets you explore the envelope of the light weight .223 bullet beyond the limited and anemic factory ammo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts