FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
I've had a BHP 9mm on order by 3 dealers for 4 months. Can't find a new "standard" or a good used one anywhere. (A few months ago I bought a good used Mark III and thought my lucky day had come.) The best offer I had recently is a new .40 with a slip-in 9mm barrel. I passed. Hopefully, after the first of the year, new BHP's will rain down and come to those who are still lusting.

· Registered
16 Posts
My dealer called a few days ago and said that he had a NIB BHP "Capitan" on consignment. Was I interested. I was in his shop before he hung up the phone. It had the "tangent" sights and was indeed NIB. Long story short---

I giggled through 100 rounds at the range. What a nice handgun. The RangeMaster and I are now looking for a "range" where we can "test" the 500 yard sights. Isn't that a hoot !!

I do like the HPs.

· Registered
4 Posts
All this chatter regarding Hi-Powers got me sufficiently motivated to go out and purchase another one (I already own a blued fixed sight and a "FN" P-35 w/night sights (both 9mms w/"forged frames)); last night I made a detour to a store with a couple two-tone "Practicals" just gathering dust (it's my understanding that Browning (i.e. FN) has discontinued the Practical model so get one if you can find one). Long story short, I now own a 9mm Practical; with its beefier "cast" frame, pending replacement sights (Novak or Heinie's) this will be my shooter. Yes, I admit it, as my first centerfire pistol (circa 1982), I'm sentimentally addicted to the Hi-Power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.