FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a like new 16S FDE here. The shipping FFL was very slow in shipping - took almost two weeks to ship. I had to call and find out what was going on. Do the paperwork today and take it home. Go to put it in the safe and when I went to fold the stock the button and spring flew out. Someone at the shipping FFL seems to have played with it and broke the stock. They were stalling it seems to find a replacement which they never did.
Wondering if anyone has a takeoff they are not using in case the seller cannot get them to replace it.
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok - so decided to just call FN and bought one since there is no way to prove the dealer did it. FYI just steer of some transfer dealers in Ohio. Lied to the seller and me about when it was dropped off and when it was shipped and why it took 2 weeks to ship.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
When SCAR's first were introduced that was a common problem, FN improved the packaging. You may have received one that was the older style packaging. FN may have covered it under warranty.

BTW, you can replace just the button and spring.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably what they did - tried a snap fold because they were stupid. Seller was very helpful about this issue but got stonewalled by the shipping FFL.
This one completes the set - one of each caliber and color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.