FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a FN 509T and wanting to put a comp on it. I’ve never had one or used one before and this is my first FN anything, previously mostly Glocks are what I had or shot. New or used is okay! Thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Just picked up a FN 509T and wanting to put a comp on it. I’ve never had one or used one before and this is my first FN anything, previously mostly Glocks are what I had or shot. New or used is okay! Thanks fellas
Welcome to the pleasure dome...

Don't know a thing about compensators, but I can assure you there are a lot of well informed individuals on this forum who I am certain can help.

What colour is your 509? You will quickly learn, there is a huge difference between black and FDE... :D

Cheers

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the pleasure dome...

Don't know a thing about compensators, but I can assure you there are a lot of well informed individuals on this forum who I am certain can help.

What colour is your 509? You will quickly learn, there is a huge difference between black and FDE... :D

Cheers
Hey bud, it’s FDE. I just picked it up Friday. I haven’t gotten a chance to even shoot it yet due to how crap the weather has been but hopefully tomorrow will be a good day!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw those man and they look pretty legit with it kinda matching the gun but watching the install video kinda threw me a bit, almost seemed like they are just cranking on the barrel to get it turnt the correct way to line up and I don’t really think over tightening something is good in any case to me atleast but I may be wrong.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Hey bud, it’s FDE. I just picked it up Friday. I haven’t gotten a chance to even shoot it yet due to how crap the weather has been but hopefully tomorrow will be a good day!
Then you are assured of the utmost accuracy, whereas had it been black... not so much. FDE is the way to go.

Now that we have that issue cleared up, your descent into the lunacy that is the FN Forum is almost complete... Good luck.

Don't forget to let us all know how your first outing with the new 509T goes.

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed the PMM on mine and I cant really say that I can tell a huge difference between how the T handles over my regular 509 without the comp. It is a little tricky to install, nothing terribly complicated but not simple either. You're going to have to find a holster to accommodate the added length too. Also, it makes cleaning the gun thoroughly a bit tricky since you can't remove the barrel from the slide.

I ordered a suppressor recently and I'll have to remove the compensator to use it and that's not as simple as unscrewing the comp with your hand so I'll end up tossing the comp in a junk drawer.

I will say it looks cool though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts