FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mad the mistake of by a Kohler riding mower about 5 years ago. 24HP motor on it has lousy torque, won't back up an incline, burns oil when going down or across an incline and now the the axle on one of the rear wheels just sheared off today. I don't have a lawn in the traditional sense as my house sits on a hill surrounded by pasture so I need a mower that can cut on an incline without losing power. fortunately I have a DR brush cutter with finish mower attachment that will get me by until I pull the trigger on a new one. Any ideas on tough mower that will last?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I would not recommend a simplicity regency..
bought one new in 2007"". 1st day of use he transmission seized up, and literally had to be dragged off the lawn...
several mower deck problems, the vacuum & bag attachment..the vacuum died, and I need to buy a new one...
the demo one I used mowed beautifully , but I've never been satisfied with the cut..
the only good thing.has been the Briggs 22 hp twin cyl engine..runs great !!!
My simplicity snow blower fram actually broke this winter , and the dealer welded it for me :-(
scratch simplicity....
I hate Koehler enengines

most of the older brands..are now junky, and made by MTD...
my next mower may be a ' real' John deer from the official dealer here in town..

Reactions: Kakashi66218

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Mad the mistake of by a Kohler riding mower about 5 years ago. 24HP motor on it has lousy torque, won't back up an incline, burns oil when going down or across an incline and now the the axle on one of the rear wheels just sheared off today. I don't have a lawn in the traditional sense as my house sits on a hill surrounded by pasture so I need a mower that can cut on an incline without losing power. fortunately I have a DR brush cutter with finish mower attachment that will get me by until I pull the trigger on a new one. Any ideas on tough mower that will last?
How much are you mowing? And whats your budget?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is badass! but a bit out of my price range.
You should check out the Exmark Pioneer "S" series with the 60" mower deck. Exmark is offering some factory money and you can get this machine for 6999.00 with the suspension seat (FN Awesome!!) You may guess by my name I am a John Deere dealer and also sell the Exmark product......Both great machines but the Exmark Pioneer 60" w/the seat is a very good value.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
gravely makes a good ztr, or you can get the best money can buy and get a "Walker". Its the mower used on the white house lawn

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I am a exmark lazer z fan. Yoou do get what you pay for when it comes to these mowers. Dont get some slow rider. unless you are retired and have all day to mow. A exmark zero turn lazer z will get your job done super fast and last you a lifetime.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
About 4 acres plus the right of way in front of the property.
I got 5 acres and mow around 4 of it. I got to get time to get the back acre sprigged or seeded in bermuda.

Any commercial grade zero turn will work, just be carefull, alot of these manufacturers are making home owner models with SOME commercial parts.

I went full commercial and bought a Wright Sentar in a 52" cut. Great on hills and is pretty fast. Wright is very popular around here and are a great mowers. It really doesnt matter as long as you get a FULL commercial mower.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
How about a goat ? Or some sheep ?

Reactions: akitainu
1 - 20 of 56 Posts