FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I bought a Nikon M223 Laser IRT. I really like the scope with this feature. It works well, but for whatever reason Nikon discontinued them shortly after I bought mine. My only real complaints are its top magnification is 10x and the glass is just average. I would like to upgrade a bit to better glass and a little more magnification. The only other scope I am familiar with that has the rangefinder is the Burris Eliminator series. It is feature rich but I don't know about the glass quality. Who else makes one with a built-in LRF? Anyone here have a Burris and if so, what do you think of it?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Zeiss made one but not sure if it's still produced?
I saw info on that one. It looked good, but you are right, they have discontinued it. Bushnell had one as well, but they discontinued it to. I can only guess these weren't big sellers, but they seem like a good idea to me rather than having to drag along a separate range finder. Not to mention the convenience factor of being able to range and shoot within a few seconds. By the time you use your rangefinder, put it down, pick up your rifle and get ready to shoot, the opportunity may have walked away. Guess I will have to be content with my Nikon and save up for the Burris.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
FWIW i was looking for something similar about a year ago and came up empty. i wanted a nice high end scope to go on my LT PredatOBR and ended up getting a Nightforce NSX and then went with the SWR Radius for ranging.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Leupold 12x40 is the only one scope with built in rangefinder i have used. It was a pretty nice scope and worked great.
Although the glass of the rangefinder was a bit dark to me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Sorry Heavy but I have only used the built in rangefinder in my Bushnell but the glass quality is not there compared to plain-Jane scopes in the same price point range. I do also have the "Tracking Point" optic which came on my "Remington 2020" (Remington 700 AAC SD in .308 in which the optic is really only good out to 600 or so yards (even though they claimed 750 yrds when it was released but I found it isn't reliable over the 600 yr range) as the civilian model is limited in range compared to what was offered in the military model. It's honestly just a novelty to me but it does work nicely but really isn't practical in most of my hunting situations. I'm still looking for one that would fit my needs for a 1200 to 1800+ yrd rifle but even in standalone rangefinders are few and far between & overly expensive that are reliable at those greater ranges.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what I have is doing the job. Just thought I would look at other options. It will reliably range out to 600 yds and the glass is good enough to see a coyote and place the shot. I'm not really a good enough shooter to go much beyond that distance anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm

Older thread but still relevant. For SCAR 17 users in terms of a scope with a built-in range finder that can handle the recoil Steiner Military as a very good 6X fixed magnification scope that can easily reach out to 800 yards that was tailor made for the SCAR. It is built like a tank. It is also designed to accept a red dot as well. Truly a legitimate combat ready scope. The biggest stumbling blocks for most would be the fact that even on sale it is still $3000+.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hmmm

Older thread but still relevant. For SCAR 17 users in terms of a scope with a built-in range finder that can handle the recoil Steiner Military as a very good 6X fixed magnification scope that can easily reach out to 800 yards that was tailor made for the SCAR. It is built like a tank. It is also designed to accept a red dot as well. Truly a legitimate combat ready scope. The biggest stumbling blocks for most would be the fact that even on sale it is still $3000+.
SCAR 17 is goo scope

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hopefully I don't get too roasted for reviving a dead thread...

I run a Burris Eliminator IV on my 17S. Works amazingly well and doesn't seem bothered by the SCAR 17S harmonics that kill so many other scopes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts